Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pigeonxtreme
Adept I

Ryzen 2400g with gpu

Hey guys (and girls),

I'm still pretty new to the whole custom PC and gaming PC world. I just built my first gaming PC 4 months ago based around the Ryzen 2400g APU. But now that gpu prices are fairly reasonable, I was thinking about adding one to my system. The only thing is, I don't know how it will interact with my integrated graphics. Will it cause issues? Are there things I will need to change in the BIOS? Just kind of need some guidance on if its plug and play, or if there is more configuration that is needed.

As a side note, I was looking into the RX 580 graphics card. I'm not sure how much VRAM is needed, since I have dedicated a large chunk of my RAM to VRAM. Is 4GB enough or should I go with 8?

Thanks for the help!!!

0 Likes
1 Reply

Best thing to do is disable the integrated GPU in BIOS and run on the dedicated card so there won't be any conflicts.

As for a dedicated card, it has its own RAM, so no system RAM will be dedicated to it like the integrated GPUs have, and considering 4GB cards are about the same price, or more expensive, than 8GB cards, get the 8GB model.