Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

chrisb123
Adept II

4 DIMMs G.Skill Flare X 3200 with 2700X on X470 and PSU

Hi,

If I buy two more of the same memory will this RAM setup still work at 3200

Also what PSU should I get? I currently have a 550W and it hits the PSU limit and cuts out when I increase the GPU power limit

hwinfo.png

0 Likes
3 Replies

Gigabyte website suggests 750w PSU.

You can also look up the memory support list for the mobo on their site.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

According to this PSU rating website you need a minimum PSU for total system wattage of 700 watts using a RX Vega64. PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX

Plus you have a high Wattage Ryzen with a TDP of 105 Watts. 2nd Gen Ryzen™ 7 2700X Desktop Processor | AMD

I would go with a High Quality PSU (Bronze or higher) equal to or higher than 850 Watts to cover very heavy loading of the GPU and CPU plus have room to upgrade with a more powerful GPU or CPU in the future.

As to the RAM Memory, you need to go to your motherboard Support site and look at the Motherboard's QVL list for Ryzen 2xxx CPUs to find out if your RAM is compatible with your Ryzen CPU.

Also it is best to purchase and install a RAM MEMORY SET rather than buying separate but identical RAM modules. Most likely, if the RAM are exactly the same in specs, it should work. But you never know with Ryzen CPUs. They are quite sensitive to the type of RAM installed.

0 Likes

The RAM isnt supplied in a set of 4 only 2

0 Likes