cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

vladp
Journeyman III

Still... how to switch between Intel and AMD graphics?

The article https://community.amd.com/docs/DOC-1581 is good. The only problem - my 'Radeon settings' has version 20108.0216.1847.33779 and doesn't have neither 'additional settings' nor 'switchable application settings'! So the question appeared again - how to switch between Intel and AMD graphics?!  I have Windows 10 Pro, AMD HD 8790M, Dell E8540.

Why?! Why? AMD always change GUI?! it was before Catalyst Control Center then Radeon Settings.... and now versioning....

0 Likes
5 Replies

That's the older vers., new changes, 'How To' in the link AMD Driver Help Portal

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks a lot! https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-017.aspx is very helpful. Somehow I could not find it on the site. Searching for the right document is almost always an issue.

So, it means I cannot switch EVERYTHING to discrete GPU! Only  per application. Hmm... All these video players, like VLC or even native Windows Media Player do not use those GPUs! It seems that if I do not play games or use some special video/photo editing programs  - there is no sense to buy discrete video card for laptop, just waste of money... Well. now I know.      Or I'm missing something?

Thanks a lot for your help

0 Likes
dinoinspiron
Journeyman III

Same problem here, NEED HELP
gc.png

Everything is installed properly, but both my DELL Inspiron laptop old 5 years and my new ASUS monitor can't recognize  AMD Radeon graphic card, and I need to fix this as soon as possiblle, HELP what to do?
if I click on Generic PnP Monitor there is only mentioned Intel HD,

Please give me some pictures how to resolve this

0 Likes

You can not use the discrete graphics for some applications. By default, all laptops are designed to save battery. You do not need the more powerful graphics to surf the web. All OGL/2D applications will use the integrated graphics.

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System | AMD

These service bulletins are from HP, but apply to all laptops.

HP Notebook PCs - OpenGL Applications Cannot Use Discrete GPU with Intel + AMD Switchable Graphics |...

HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs | HP® Customer...

0 Likes

Go to windows Power Options--> Select the plan you want (Balance, High Performance)--> Change Plan Settings--> set the Intel(R) Graphic Settings to Maximum Performance--> scroll down to Switchable Dynamic Graphic--> Global Settings--> and select Maximum Performance. Now your AMD Radeon will kick in every time there is a rendering operation. See if ti solves your issue

0 Likes