Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

furor
Journeyman III

Assassin's creed Odyssey - crash when diving underwater and other radom crash

Hello,

I just change my graphic card radeon 7950 vapor X to a saphire RX 570 ITX - PULSE RADEON  but so far it seems to be a mistake as I got random game crash, it can be 5min or an hour. I tried borderless and fullscreen, I tried with the driver 18.9.1 and 18.10.1 but no luck but it is even worse when I try to dive as the game is directly crashing or I'm back to the desktop while I still hear the sound of the game but I can't go back.

I wanted to check the GPU settings so I opened the general parameter from Radeon settings on my second screen and when the game is crashing I saw the Radeaon settings is also crashing and restarting. It is a bit weird as it seems I can dive a bit underwatter as long as I'm looking at the horizon (no more than 2 or 3meter) but once I move the camera to look at the bottom, it is crashing the game and Radeon settings.

I never got any issue with my 7950 except fps getting a low in some city.

Windows 7 x64

Driver 18.10.1

Display viewsonic VX2703 and samsung syncmaster 22'

asus p6t deluxe v2

i7 920

16GB

power supply 1000w

I saw I wasn't the only one with this issue and the same graphic card  https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1942549-Game-Crash-While-Swimming-Underwater?p=13743207#post13...  and I also play on high resolution. I tried to change it to medium/low but AMD setting is still crashing with the game when I dive.

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 Replies
quemeda
Journeyman III

The problem dissapears when rolling back to Crimson 17.7.1. Anyway, performance is completely busted. I went down from 51 fps to 20 fps in benchmark tool, so the game became unplayable. Hope AMD will release new drivers soon

0 Likes
lagstalker
Journeyman III

Here I was thinking i was going crazy with a isolated issue.

I'm having the exact same problem and I've also recently upgraded to a Asus RX 570 from a 7970 GHz Edition.

0 Likes

You guys need to report this issue to AMD, they don't know about it from your posts here unfortunately. This is a user to user help forum only. No driver guys just people like you. There is a link to the issue (bug) report on the driver download page and in the Radeon Settings, preference tab. The more complaints they get, the faster it will be addressed. It's great you let us know here though as you already said, you want to know it's not an isolated issue.

0 Likes
donvisione
Journeyman III

I have a sapphire nitro+ rx 570 and the same problems. as soon as i dive in the ocean to get a treasure or for a mission the game crashes.

it crashes mostly on open sea areas like outside of islands or on open sea itself but not that often in lakes in islands or mainland. maybe it has something to do with the depth of the water.

i heard about the workaround with the older driver too but the rx 570 doesnt have the the best performance anyways so playing with 20 fps only is a no-go.

i hope they fix this soon.

0 Likes
quemeda
Journeyman III

Do you know is this happens to Rx 580 too?

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, we have opened a ticket with driver engineering in regards to this issue.

0 Likes