cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mr_constantine
Journeyman III

Alternative USB 3.x (X370) Drivers?

So I got a 128GB USB stick (Attaché 4 3.0 128GB, FD128ATT430-EF).

It works fine on my MSI X370 Gaming plus

• (header) USB 2.0 ports
  • (I/O) Asmedia USB 3.1 port

and all my Intel system's ports, be it usb 2.0, 3.0 or 3.1.

When I connect it to any native USB 3.x, be it from header or I/O, it recognizes it fine, but when I try to copy something, it disconnects and reconnects with windows claiming my USB flash needs fixing. I installed the chipset drivers straight from MSI's product page (17.40.3765), later upgraded to -straight from AMD's site- 18.10.1810 chipset drivers.

Problem still persists.

Device manager lists as drivers used for the AMD USB 3.0 and 3.10 eXtensible host controller, microsoft's own. Are there any other drivers I can use for the usb 3.x?

Windows 10 pro - 1803 (updated)

MSI X370 Gaming Plus (BIOS version 7A33v5C) | Ryzen 5 1600

Chipset drivers 18.10.1810

0 Likes
3 Replies

How is the USB Flash formatted - FAT, FAT32, NTFS, etc?

Connect the USB Flash and try reformatting using Windows (Right click on USB Flash icon in MYPC panel) and see if the problem still occurs.

EDIT: See if a smaller USB Flash driver (8 or 16 or 32 gbyte) works correctly. If it does it might mean something is wrong with the USB 120 gbyte Flash drive.

EDIT: you USB Flash drive is USB 3.0 compatible. Try connecting your USB on a USB 3.0 port and see if it works correctly.  USB 3.1 should be backwards compatible.

EDIT: Connect your USB Flash drive. Go to MYPC and see if it is recognized. If it is, Right click on the USB Flash icon and click on "Properties" then click on "TOOLS" then click to check the drive and see what results comes back.

You can also run CHKDSK on the drive in an elevated Command Prompt or Powershell to see if the USB is good or not. The command is CHKDSK  X: /f /r ( X (E, F, G etc)  is the logical letter given by Windows when you connect the USB Flash.)

Tried both NTFS and exFat, didn't make a difference.

0 Likes

Fat32 is probably the (default) format. Use NTFS (quick reformat)