cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

ronniko
Adept I

Today i install new AMD driver Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 Windows 7 64 bit and my program crush.

My program work with old OpenGL driver. AMD Crimson 17.50.02 for Radeon HD 7950

Old driver create 4.5.13506 Forward-Compatible Context 23.20.15002.11

New driver create 4.5.13541 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 25.20.14003.1010

And with new driver my program crush.

My debug show this:

This is load animation (old driver version not get me this errors)

glBindBuffer in a Core context performing invalid operation with parameter <name> set to '0x696e610a' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)
glBindBuffer in a Core context performing invalid operation with parameter <name> set to '0x4d2e6569' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)
glBindBuffer in a Core context performing invalid operation with parameter <name> set to '0xa0d0058' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)
glBindBuffer in a Core context performing invalid operation with parameter <name> set to '0x646e6168' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)

This is load textures:

Using glTexParameteri in a Core context with parameter <pname> and enum '0x8191' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

Using glEnable in a Core context with parameter <cap> and enum '0xde1' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

Using glTexParameteri in a Core context with parameter <pname> and enum '0x8191' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

Using glEnable in a Core context with parameter <cap> and enum '0xde1' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

In fragment shader i using bindless texturs this is get crush.

I write in fragment shader outputColor = vec4(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0); and my program launch fine.

In old driver i not get this errors and my program run fine.

I fix all errors in Using glTexParameteri in a Core context with parameter <pname> and enum '0x8191' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

But fragment shader crush when using bindless texturs

And debug get me errors:

glGetTextureHandleARB has generated an error (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)

glMakeTextureHandleResidentARB has generated an error (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)

I check return handle bindle texture. Return handle = NULL for all textures.

In old version driver i not get any errors about glGetTextureHandleARB and glMakeTextureHandleResidentARB and get me not NULL handle bindle texture

0 Likes
20 Replies
ronniko
Adept I

Very funy.

In fragment shader new driver crush on discard !

vec4 t = texture2D(sampler2D(Bindless[uint(BindlessNum)]),UV);

if (t.a <= 0.24) { //t.rgb = ColorRGB;//vec3(0.4,0.45,0)

discard;}

outputColor = t;

Work fine If i write in shader :

vec4 t = texture2D(sampler2D(Bindless[uint(BindlessNum)]),UV);

outputColor = t;

0 Likes

I comment discard in my two fragments shaders and my example run fine.

But how be without discard ?

0 Likes
xhuang
Staff

Hello, Can you share your minimal application that could re-produce all your problems you would like to discuss with us? And what OS are you using?

0 Likes

Windows 7 64 bit.

Videocard Radeon HD 7950   videoram 3 Gb

Intel I5 2320

My program 32 bit OpenGL 4.5

Today i test how work glEnable(GL_SAMPLE_ALPHA_TO_COVERAGE_ARB)

Work fine.

In some cases glEnable(GL_SAMPLE_ALPHA_TO_COVERAGE_ARB) replaces discard.

In my example in shaders\ps.txt i use discard;  This work fine on AMD Crimson driver 17.50.02. But crush on Adrenalin driver 18.10.1

0 Likes

Hello,

May I have the source code of your program?

0 Likes

xhuang did my example work fine on your system  ? And did you run my example on new driver adrenalin 18.10.1 ?

I am use 32 bit bmp images. With alpha channel.

My code.

0 Likes

Hello, the source code snippet won't be the same to re-produce the problem, it's helpful that you share the complete source code that could be compiled successfully.

0 Likes
ronniko
Adept I

I rewrite minimal example and now discard work fine in fragment shader.

I load one texture.

If i load two or 3 textures and create 2 or 3 bindlless textures my example crush on discard. If i load one texture and create one bindlless my example work.

Problem when i create more then one bindlless texture.

Why bindlless textures crush on discard i not understood.

Without discard all 3 bindlless textures show normal and no any crush.

0 Likes

Hello ronniko​, the problem when using "discard " in PS would make the app/driver hang/crash has been root-caused and fixed internally. I will verify the fix when the fix some time within 2~3wks and I will give you back the updates.  And the testing cycle for release is quite long,  it will take some time for the fix to go public.

Thanks.

I'll wait fixed driver.

0 Likes

Today i install new driver 18.11.1

The same problem , crush on discard .

Yes, you're right, the fix had missed the 18.11.1 release in Nov 8, 2018. As i said above, the testing cycle would take several weeks for a official release.  The fix would be included in the driver release after middle of Dec, 2018. I will keep you updated once the release is available on amd.com, thanks for your patience.

Hello, please try the latest driver release ( 18.12.2 )  which has the fix for this problem, thank you.

0 Likes

Installed 18.12.2

When i install drivers i get crash VC_redist.x86.exe.5876 (VC_redist 2015)

The same problem , crush on discard in my 32 bits program.

0 Likes

dorisyan​, you might need to have a quick try with latest driver, thanks.

0 Likes

OK, I will check soon!

0 Likes

hi, ronniko​, I also found your app crashed in the latest driver (version 18.12.2), and the fix has been added in the driver release in the first quarter of 2019. I will keep you updated once the release is available on amd.com, thanks for your patience.

ronniko
Adept I

What news ?

0 Likes

Hi, you can try the latest driver release ( 19.1.1 )  which has the fix for this problem, thank you.

0 Likes
ronniko
Adept I

Driver 19.1.1 now work fine on Windows 7 64 bit. Radeon HD 7950

Confirm now discard(for bindlless textures) in pixel shader not crash.

Thanks.

0 Likes