cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

neil_clark
Journeyman III

Global WattMan settings

I use two RX580's and have everything set up in Global WattMan, I apply my settings and then after a couple of days when I start up I get a message saying defaults have been applied.  I have the power limit setting to 50%. Any ideas on how to stop this, thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
dstmnd89x
Challenger

Which OS are you using? I've been experiencing a similar issue on Windows 10 but a quick work-around is to just save the Wattman settings as an XML file and load it up if the defaults are set again. I'm not sure why it does this but I think it could be a bug with Radeon Software and Windows.

0 Likes

I have encountered the same problem.

I suggest you save the data. And reapply them after "restore default"

Restoring default settings usually occurs after a system power outage / Windows update / drive hang or other problem

I tried to solve it... I have not found a solution at the moment. According to my observations, I think this has nothing to do with "power limitation."

But I still recommend that you report this to AMD.

http://www.amd.com/report

0 Likes

I've reported the issue before but nothing has come of it yet. I have also yet to identify any sort of pattern in the defaults being restored but it seems totally random for me. Sometimes it's working correctly for days at a time and other times it seems like the defaults are set on each startup; with alternating days here and there too. It's been wonky like that for awhile, for lack of better words.

0 Likes