cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

eniukiwo
Journeyman III

How can I enable virtualization on AMD RYZEN 3 2200G.

I am a new member. I join this community to learn more about my AMD RYZEN 3 2200G and also solve this problem of enabling virtualization or SVM that has cause me frustration. I rebuilt my desktop computer with a new motherboard ASUS PRIME B450-A  and AMD RYZEN 3 2200G. It is running fine but i can not enable the SVM or virtualization from the UEFI OR BIOS.

I am using this desktop for my classes CISCO CCNP which needs building a lab with GNS 3, GNS3 VM AND CISCO IOS VIRL.

I have logged into UEFI OR BIOS and enable secure virtual machine (SVM) but it is not working. The computer information says, virtualization supported, DISABLED.

Any help please.

ukiwo

eniukiwo@gmail.com

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

eniukiwo, I  recommend not exposing your e-mail address on a public forum.  I suggest you create another userid.

Please tell more about your system - specifications, OS and UEFI versions.  It is very important that you have installed a fresh copy of the OS.  Several users have used a cloned or old copy of W10 and producted the strangest problems.  If you used the OS from before the rebuild, a fresh install is a MUST! Good luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes