dsatanure
Journeyman III

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDELED for screen recorder software

Hey there,

My system Configurations:

1. PC: Dell Inspiron 15R 5521
  2. Windows: 8.1 (Licensed Version)
  3. Graphics: AMD Radeon Graphics 8730M and Intel HD 4000 Family Graphics

I was using the software Filmora Scrn, after screen is recorded and recording is stopped I saw this error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDELED

atikmdag.sys

I Updated my AMD Graphics but the error persists. (AMD HD Re-Live - This is Current Graphics)

This error is only occurring when recording screen with Filmora Scrn.

How may I fix this issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

First FYI only, AMD stopped supporting Windows 8/8.1. There will be no more updated drivers for your GPU card from AMD. The last driver is from 2017 for Windows 8.1: AMD Radeon™ HD 8730M Series GPU Drivers & Support | AMD

Second: Filmora may not be compatible or is in conflict with AMD Relive screen recorder. You may need to contact Filmora Support and see if their software works with AMD Driver software Relive.

Third: you can try and prevent AMD Relive from being installed when you install the AMD Driver software as per this AMD site: How to Install and Enable Radeon ReLive

If you don't install AMD Relive then see if you continue getting the error using Filmora. Otherwise you probably gonna need to uninstall Filmora and just use AMD Relive as your screen recorder.

If you don't install AMD Relive, go to Task Manager and make sure these two files are not running:

amddvr.exe

amdow.exe

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

First FYI only, AMD stopped supporting Windows 8/8.1. There will be no more updated drivers for your GPU card from AMD. The last driver is from 2017 for Windows 8.1: AMD Radeon™ HD 8730M Series GPU Drivers & Support | AMD

Second: Filmora may not be compatible or is in conflict with AMD Relive screen recorder. You may need to contact Filmora Support and see if their software works with AMD Driver software Relive.

Third: you can try and prevent AMD Relive from being installed when you install the AMD Driver software as per this AMD site: How to Install and Enable Radeon ReLive

If you don't install AMD Relive then see if you continue getting the error using Filmora. Otherwise you probably gonna need to uninstall Filmora and just use AMD Relive as your screen recorder.

If you don't install AMD Relive, go to Task Manager and make sure these two files are not running:

amddvr.exe

amdow.exe

0 Likes
dsatanure
Journeyman III

Unfortunately When I updated my driver software there is no "Re-live" tab, are you sure, AMD (according to my configs.) supports screen recording?

0 Likes