cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

loki1944
Adept II

Why the hell does AMD uninstall USB when you uninstall their graphics driver?

I don't think I've ever been so pissed over stupid software in my entire life; almost 3 hours and still dealing with this uber nonsense. Uninstalling the AMD driver also rendered my usb ports useless in Windows. Why? Why the hell is AMD still doing this bs years on? Who is the mofo responsible for doing this? And then you can't install the AMD driver in safe mode with networking (where mouse and keyboard work) because AMD has another awesome thing still going on with unsigned drivers (and no, disabling driver certification in windows boot options did not fix that issue). EVEN A SYSTEM RESTORE did not bring the mouse and keyboard back. So at this point, FML, I'm going to have to reinstall windows completely because AMD is so lazy and sloppy that they created the conditions for this. Gawdamn I'm so pissed. I've never had this issue with Nvidia drivers. Ever.

0 Likes
2 Replies

The USB drivers are in the chipset drivers. Go to the motherboard support site and download them.

0 Likes

Sorry, wrong answer; that doesn't work in the least. Issue is pretty consistent in places like Tomshardware; amd driver basically rapes the usb/chipset and only a Windows reinstall will fix it. Learned my lesson. AMD to ebay and hunting for an Nvidia gpu without ridiculous drivers that flag unsigned and that occassionally frag your usb to hell.

0 Likes