cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rahul1991
Journeyman III

i have a fx 6300, when i make a render in 3ds max my pc shut down automatically.

i have a fx 6300, when i make a render in 3ds max my pc shut down automatically.

0 Likes
26 Replies

Mobo- gigabyte 78 lmy usb 3 r2

ram- 8 gb kingston hyper blu.

cpu- Amd fx 6300.

psu- cooler master mwe 650

gc- Asus gts 650 ti (single fan)

ssd- 120gb kingston, three 1 tb hdd seagate.

0 Likes

need to install a HWMonitor software to keep constant track of temperatures and voltages and fans speeds. Then run your 3d Rendering program and check HWMonitor temperatures and fans and voltages to see if anything is overheating while under intense load. HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

0 Likes

Sure, I will run the test and then I will share the results. thank you for your help

0 Likes
ragga
Journeyman III

Almost definitely your PSU

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply friend. I was thinking the same but today i just got new psu cooler master mwe 650 for first 2-3 render were fine but after that pc again restarted. I already lost motherboard because of that. could there be any other issue?

0 Likes

After posting your computer specs as mentioned in a previous post it sounds like a hardware issue or possibly a software conflict.

When a Computer shuts down by itself as though you hit the Power Off button or Reset Button under heavy loads it generally indicates:

1) Bad or failing or weak PSU

2) Overheating hardware like the CPU or GPU or PSU

3) Possible conflict or incompatible driver or software

I would download a free diagnostic program called OCCT.

1) I would first run the CPU Test in full screen with "Small Packets" clicked. While running check the temperature of the CPU and GPU. Also check the PSU Outputs of 3.3 vdc, 5.0 vdc and 12 vdc.  Once the test is finished or crashes it will generate a OCCT Folder in "Documents" with several Data Graphs of the various temperature, voltages and others data.

2) If the the CPU TEST completes fine than start the GPU TEST with "Errors" box checked in Full Screen. Again check the same data as when running the CPU Test.

3) Last if the CPU or GPU test finishes then run the last test which checks the PSU. If the computer shuts down when the PSU test starts may indicate a weak or bad PSU. Need to look at the 3 main PSU Outputs to be sure they are all within 5% tolerances.

0 Likes

Just as an example of Overheating of CPU under load:

I have an FX8350 with a slightly larger Stock CPU Cooler installed when I purchased the CPU. It worked fine for many years. Then I noticed my computer would shut down by itself when I was running a System Backup that caused the CPU to run over 75% to 100% under load. Temperature went over 80c before shutting down.

I reapplied the Thermal Paste and cleaned the heatsink fins on the CPU Cooler which did make it run slightly cooler but still overheated under load. Finally decided to upgrade and change the old stock CPU Cooler with a CoolerMaster Hybrid 212 EVO CPU Cooler. No more overheating no matter how heavy of a load the CPU is under. The hottest is got is 59c to 60c under the heaviest loads. At idle it is in the mid 30c. I added a second fan to help the CPU Cooler but mainly to help air circulation inside my computer case.

This is an example of when something overheats in your computer. It just shuts down immediately before the CPU or GPU can be damaged.

0 Likes

I think so I will get one cooler too, I don't know, is it usual that the default fan of the heatsink which comes with the process make too much noise?

0 Likes

Hi, friend After posting the problem I bought another psu and looks like the problem is still there but now it only restarting when I make a 3d render 2nd time. I will now run the test. thanks for your help. 

0 Likes

Hi friend, I ran Aida 64 to load the cpu on idle the temperature was 60-67 deg and after running the test in 1-4 minutes the temperature was 80 after that i stopped the test. What should I do?

0 Likes

Your CPU is overheating and automatically shutting down the computer before it damages the CPU.  If the idle CPU temperatures was in the 60's Centigrade, your CPU Cooler is cooling the CPU very poorly.

The Maximum Operating Temperature for the FX6300 is 70.5c. At idle, you mentioned, it was in the 60's Centigrade range. This indicates that the CPU Cooler is not working the way it should.

You mentioned that your CPU cooler fan was very noisy. Was it noisy before or recently. A noisy fan could indicate the fan going bad (bearings) and needs to be replaced or it is dirty and clogged and not turning as fast as it should.

When was the last time you replaced the Thermal Paste on the CPU cooler?  Try and replace the Thermal Paste and the fan. if you haven't done it yet, and see if it still overheats while playing a game or rendering a Video again. Make sure you have a Monitoring software like OpenHWMonitor or HWMonitor running to keep check on the CPU and GPU temperatures.

Also in BIOS try to make the CPU Fan run as aggressive as possible to maintain it cooler if there are any BIOS settings to configure the CPU Fan.

In my opinion, You have problems with the CPU Cooler.

Either you need to replace it with a stronger CPU Cooler or replace the Noisy fan and reapply Thermal paste.

If your computer case has the room, try installing a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler. It costs around 30 to 40 US Dollars and is one of the best CPU Coolers for the price. Here is one from Newegg.com:

If your CPU cooler is the original CPU stock cooler for the FX 6xxx CPU and is several years old. I would upgrade and replace it since 3d Rendering is extremely CPU extensive and puts very heavy loads on the CPU while running.

I was seeing the movement of my CPU fan. when in the idle condition the temperature went above 60 deg. the fan was running very fast that might be its full speed. And I reapplied thermal Yesterday.  but nothing happened.

0 Likes

Sound like the Heatsink fins are very dirty and not cooling or incorrect installation of the CPU Cooler.

I would replace the CPU Cooler. They are inexpensive and fairly easy, in most cases, to replace.

Your CPU should not idle with temperatures above 60 Centigrade. It should be at least in the med 30's or low 40's centigrade at idle.

When you replaced the Thermal paste, did you use Isopropyl Alcohol to completely clean both the CPU and heatsink surfaces? Also if you put too much Thermal paste is the same as putting to little. I usually use a credit card or small flat wooden stick to evenly spread or paint the thermal paste on. Also make sure the CPU Cooler is tight against the CPU. It you see any type of movements or jiggle while very carefully moving the CPU Cooler it indicates it is not making a tight fitting on the CPU.

otherwise, you CPU is running very hot at idle and you need to bring the idle temperature below or around the 40's centigrade. Above 60 centigrade at idle it is already close to it maximum operating temperature of 70.5 Centigrade.

0 Likes

I did not use any solution for removing the old thermal paste though it was stuck i use a paper and scrubbed it. But there was still very thin layer left which was not coming out so i applied new paste over it and while putting the heat sink i made sure the lock of the sink was properly attached.

0 Likes

That old film will prevent the new Thermal paste from making good contact with the CPU surface. You need to buy a bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol and remove all traces of the old thermal paste from both the CPU and Heatsink surfaces.

Here is a good link on how to correct apply the Thermal paste to the CPU and heatsink: https://www.wepc.com/how-to/correctly-apply-thermal-paste-cpu-gpu/

0 Likes

Thank you again. I will reapply  the paste and share it with you.

0 Likes

Also what do you think about

CoolerMaster Liquid Cooler - Masterliquid Lite 120
Will this be good and worth, If i get it?

0 Likes

Take a look at this website that rates the best Air and Water-cooled CPU Coolers. https://techguided.com/best-cpu-coolers/#3

and also this website: 15 Best CPU Coolers in 2018 - Air And Liquid CPU Coolers - The Tech Lounge

and Tom's Hardware is a very good website to get info also on the best CPU Coolers: Best CPU Coolers 2018 - Air CPU Cooling Recommendations

From what I have read so far, the CoolerMaster Masterliquid lite 120 is not very good and at best average for a water cooler.

0 Likes

Hi, Friend I got a new cpu cooler cooler master hyper h410 R. the pc temperature came down to below 40. but as i rendered in 3ds max the pc restarted again. I have almost change every component only ram, processor and g.c are left which are old. more over i took another ram and then rendered, same thing happened . i have even changed the 3ds max version form 2016 to 2018 and v-ray from 3.4 to 3.6.

0 Likes

First does your 3d software have any settings to put less load on the CPU while rendering?   Like changing from "High" Priority to "Low" Priority?

You can download a diagnostic program like AIDA64 or OCCT. I like OCCT because it tests your CPU, GPU, plus PSU.

If you use OCCT, run the CPU test first and see if passes without starting. Then run the GPU test in Full Screen mode with the box "Errors" marked and see if the computer restarts. Finally run the PSU Test and see if the computer restarts if both the CPU and GPU tests passes.

The PSU test is done by running both the CPU and GPU Stress tests at the same time putting maximum stress on the PSU power wise.

NOTE: While running the CPU and GPU and PSU test, keep a close eye on the Temperatures and voltages and see if anything is abnormal while testing.

Also whenever OCCT finishes or crashes it creates a OCCT Folder in the Windows "Documents" that shows all the data in graphic images. View those data images and see if Temperature or Voltage are normal after running each OCCT tests.

If the PSU shuts down your computer it could be a weak or bad PSU or possibly your GPU or CPU overheating.

0 Likes

I changed the Cpu cooler and the temperature went down to 30-40 degree at normal and When I Run a stress test (Aida64) for 10 minutes and the temperature went to 55 degrees. pc did not restart or turned off. But when again I rendered, it restarted.  Today i installed a Medal of honor.  in the first movie which came, the pc restarted. Then I saw a video on youtube in which the person asked to reduce the maximum processor state to 50% then again I rendered the render was late but render started and pc did not restart also after that I played medal of honor for about 40 minutes.

0 Likes

Hey, sounds like you found the "Fix" for your problem. Needed to configure the CPU processor state to 50% which prevents rendering from the rendering software from overloading the CPU.

0 Likes

Yes i think so . But using it this way, it will take longer time and processor will work at its half. Will i have to change?

0 Likes

Good question.

I don't believe that your CPU should shut down your computer when running at 100% Power state. Could be the PSU is not supplying enough power when the CPU is at maximum and the GPU is stressed thus causing the computer to shut down. It is not due to overheating since you installed a much more powerful CPU Cooler which maintains your CPU cool under heavy loading.

Try raising the Power State by 5% or 10% at a time on the CPU and see exactly at what percentage your CPU shuts down your computer. Since running the CPU at 50% Power means that it is using less power from the PSU than at 100%.

Did you install HWMonitor or Open Hardware Monitor to see if there is any component overheating or your PSU voltages are going below 5% tolerances for the 3.3 vdc / 5.0 vdc / and especially the 12 vdc. ?

That may indicate what is causing the computer to shut down when the CPU is at full Power.

0 Likes

This User at AMD Forum on another thread gave some good advice that might help with the Power issue of your CPU.

2Enter inside BIOS and look for an option called Cool'n'Quiet in the CPU configuration and disable it. It is an option that forces the CPU to reduce energy consumption and thus reduce the temperature, included in some AMD motherboards, it is convenient to discard that default options in BIOS are limiting the power supply of your CPU.

if after this your system works properly ….  enjoy! ... if not follow step 3

3.  Enter inside BIOS again and look for an option called Global C-States and disable it, you will find it in the Advanced section. This will deactivate all the energy saving in the whole system, everything will continue to work correctly but with more electrical consumption, it will be easier for the OS to manage the 2700X voltage between 0.5v and 1.5v, if I am not wrong the voltage will be set approximately in 1.4v, don't worry.

Another User on another thread here at AMD Forum also gave so good advice that may help with your CPU power issues:

pokester (to madbendystrawz)3 hours agoRe: Windows Not seeing switchable graphics

Windows 10's High Performance settings are not the same as they were in previous Windows versions. WOW is extremely picky about the power states. This is very true and affects Nvidia users and AMD users alike. I can't promise this will fix your issue but it is easy and worth trying.

A couple Windows 10 versions back MS introduced the Ultimate Performance plan and it is in all versions of Windows but not visible outside of enterprise versions but can be enabled. This setting makes it more like the High Performance settings of old. See here how to enable this: Windows 10 Help Forums

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/107613-add-remove-ultimate-performance-power-plan-windows-10-a.h...

Another way to easily accomplish this and it also changes some processor states that the above does not is to use Park Control Free and use their  Bitsum Highest Performance Setting. I have personally used this for years and highly recommend it to anyone not minding spending a few cents more on the power bill. Get it here: ParkControlTweak CPU Core Parking and More – Bitsum

If this doesn't help. I highly suggest you download the last driver from your laptops makers website. Run DDU and reinstall that driver with the INTERNET disconnected. You may have had Windows update interfere with the install of drivers you have already installed and that could be the root of your issues.

Please also note that this issue specifically with WOW has been complained about for years with users from Nvidia as well and many never seem to figure it out.

0 Likes