cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

broskinator97
Journeyman III

After last update of my graphic card drivers every game lags

As said in the title, I updated my graphic card drivers to the latest update available and now every game lags even at the lowest settings.

I have a Radeon R9 280

0 Likes
8 Replies

What information should I give?

I've a r9 280, i uptated from 17.7 ti 18.5.1 with a clean install and after the new installation every 5 minutes the screen goes black and then goes back ti normal. If I play a game in windowed mode It lags and the screen is all glitched with graphical glitches all over and if I put the game on full screen It just lags with every resolution and every combination of graphic settings.

If I put back the 17.7 version It all goes back to normal

0 Likes

What information do you need? Did you open the link?

Let me read it for you....

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

ray_m

Providing the information below will get you a faster response from the community.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
  • Display Devices
    • Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate; e.g. Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Make and model; e.g. Asus P8P67 Deluxe Bios Version 6643
  • CPU/APU
    • Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
  • RAM
    • Amount of memory installed; e.g. 16GB
0 Likes

Well, yes while that still wasn't the full information at least it is a lot better. It sounds like this may be power related. The easy thing to try first and is to go to the raise the power limit slider to it's maximum in Radeon Settings. If this does not help, you may have a failing power supply or video card. It may just be the driver though causing issues. There are many people with R9 series cards and it does not affect all people but I have one of the cards it does. Returning to the older drivers works fine. Any of the other new drivers and black screens. There is no fix and AMD does not acknowledge the issue as of yet. I caution this may not be your issues. Reload to an earlier driver and check out your power supply to see if all is normal again.

0 Likes

A lot depends on OS?, desktop or laptop?, APU / processor? Latest driver is 18.10.1 for Win10

0 Likes

Couldn't agree more, I only had just enough info to make a better guess. Because of lack of info could be still way off. This is why it is best if people just give the requested information, because you can't win so much of the time trying to help without it. You think you have an idea (as I just did) and are not correct and then that ticks people off too. So I don't sweat it too much and help if I can and if I'm wrong I have my double your money back guarantee on my advice.

Full version of OS, not just win7/10.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I agree that some more information always helps someone identify what your issue is.

What you may be experiencing is that AMD rebuild the shader cache for each of your games when it loads a new driver. This happens upon the first and possibly first few times you run a game and then it finally has all the textures from that game optimized and cached. So this behavior may be normal. If this doesn't sound like a fix for your issue then you may have a bug with your software and nobody in this forum can help as this is a USER to USER forum and you should open and  electronic support ticket or file an issue report with AMD, that is how you let them know about these issues. Their are links for this in Radeon Settings and on AMD website contact and driver download page.

0 Likes