Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

saywhut
Challenger

GIVEAWAY! | SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon™ RX 580 8GD5 Special Edition

Hey everyone,

I just upgraded to RX Vega 64 so that means my previous RX580 needs a new home!  I would love to give this to a person that NEEDS this and I would also love it if you would be using it in our upcoming VLAN!

To enter simply reply with your system specs and I will announce the winner tomorrow after 5PM CST.  I will cover shipping and send you a PM.

CPU:

GPU:

MoBo:

RAM:

PSU:

To the admins:  If this isn't allowed, please delete the post, I wasn't able to find rules anywhere on the forums that it isn't (maybe I didn't look hard enough?).1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

25 Replies
jamesc359
Forerunner

That is quite generous of you saywhut​.

CPU: AMD FX-8350

GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 7850

MoBo: MSI 970 Gaming

RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 2133

PSU: Corsair TX650M

tymkoijn1
Elite

wow that is sweet. GPU i had failed on me so had to steal my wifes till I could afford to get another. lol gets interesting when trying to swap so that she can play a game. even if I dont get it thanks for the opportunity

cpu: Ryzen 7 1700

gpu: Asus R9 270

Mobo MSI B350M Gaming pro

Ram: 2 x 8 GB Gskill Trident Z DDR4 3000mhz

PSU: Rosewill Quark 1000w

0 Likes
neon
Miniboss

Wow, that is really nice.

0 Likes
jess1ca
Adept I

I would love to treat my computer with a nice little upgrade! Thanks for the giveaway and good luck all!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.20 GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570 4 GB GDDR5

MoBo: Intel B360

RAM: 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM

PSU: 450W

0 Likes
karamia
Adept I

To be sure a great pay-it-forward gift.

Apparently Gamer's have a tendency to "second string" their wives. (Guilty).

She almost always gets my hand downs rather than new.

Your generous gift would be of a great benefit to the both of us.

His:  CPU: AMD FX-8350

GPU: XFX RX 560 4GB

MoBo: ASUS 970 PRO GAMING

RAM: CORSAIR 4 x 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3

PSU: CORSAIR RM 750i

Hers:  CPU: AMD A10-5800K   (soon to be replaced with my old AMD Phenom II X4 980 BE)

GPU: XFX RADEON 5850 1GB

MoBo: ASUS F2A85-V PRO  (soon to be replaced with a NEW ASUS M5A97 R2.0)

RAM: CORSAIR 4 x 2GB 1333 MHz DDR3

PSU: CORSAIR HX 750   

Thank you for the opportunity. 

Good Luck All.

0 Likes
saywhut
Challenger

Hey jamesc359  congratulations sir, I will be shipping you the RX 580!  Check your inbox for a private message from me.

Thanks for the rest of you for participating.  See you around!

Thank you! I really appreciate your generosity. People like you are what makes the AMD community so awesome!

congrats! that card will definitely do ya!

spinalfailed
Challenger

That was incredibly generous of you! I have to say I do love the blue of that Special Edition!   Congrats jamesc359​! I have 2 of the 580 Nitro+ 8gb (non pretty blue versions), well I used 1 in a pay it forward build and they are fantastic GPU's! Sooooo, uhhhhh, do you prefer black? 20180720_170933.jpg

0 Likes

Thanks for the congrats. Wait, you're offering me a black one too? Joking aside, I can't trade it. The blue is too purty to let go of. Besides, I licked it, so it's mine now.

0 Likes

LOL.  So what flavor is that color?

0 Likes

It's kind of a cross between metallic and yuck.

Need salt?

0 Likes

Yes! Yes it does! lol

0 Likes

It's cool I don't mind a little taste test! You're sure you don't want the black version? I mean it's so much easier to color match black into ANY color scheme! 

0 Likes

True, black is easier to match, but black isn't unique or special. I can tell you really want this card though, that makes me want it even more! I wonder is that the endowment effect or is it because the card is now a positional good?

0 Likes

Honestly none of the above. I'm just messing with you. I do like the look of the blue but currently for me it doesn't fit in any of my builds. Had I really wanted it I would have bought it in blue a few months back when I bought the black ones.  They are great cards and in incredibly happy with the purchase!  And if I ever start to hate it I have an XFX 570 in a box I can play around with! 

0 Likes

I know. I was going to mess with you back, but I figured that telling you the color didn't matter because I intended on painting the shroud and back plate NVidia green would've been too brazen.

0 Likes

Ehh A long time ago AMD actually was green so it's not that sacrilegious! Plus while I prefer Team Red I have products from blue and green as well.

Are you saying that Ruby isn't a REAL redhead?

0 Likes

Ruby started with ATI, so she comes by her hair color naturally. That said, I've never seen a natural green head.

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Very generous of you mate

0 Likes
kcssarge
Journeyman III

First time on AMD FORUM. I am building a system as monies become available. I. Am down to the Graphics card and case I hope I win this to complete it. My last system gave up the ghost after deployment.

The opportunity being provided by you is a rare gem in my eye. Thank you for letting me participate

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X

GPU:

MOBO: MSI B350M Gaming pro

RAM: 2 x 8 GB Gskill Trident Z DDR4 3000mhz

PSU: Rosewill Quark 1000 watt

0 Likes

You needed to read a bit closer. This has already ended. It was only a couple day giveaway.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

miep

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes