cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

chromerite
Journeyman III

how to get new rx580 to work showing no signal going from amd integrated to rx 580

Hi I'm trying to install a new sapphire RX 580 Graphics card into my old HP P7-1241 with AMD Quad Core A10-5700 integrated Graphics. Also installed new 600w psu. PSU working fine but the RX 580 is showing no signal when I take it out the integrated graphics work fine again. Not sure what to do next. I did go to bios and check to make sure the pci-e is enanbled but haven't tried to put it back in yet. Hoping to get some information first.         

0 Likes
9 Replies

Connecting monitor to graphics card port(not mobo port) ?

Does the motherboard support UEFI(option in bios) graphics ?

What OS & make/model of monitor & card model ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Motherboard is MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine) windows 7 not sure about UEFI yet not very knowledgeable about bios but can do some stuff when given advice. IBM monitor model 9494 HB0 also tried a HDMI 4K smart TV got no signal on both checked PCIE and it is enabled computer is HP P7-1241 quad core AMD A10-5700 with integrated graphics AMD 7660D Installed a EVGA 600BR PSU for added power and that worked fine. Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 overclocked 8GB GDDR5 connected to graphics card and mobo port neither had signal until I took the card back out then it would boot up and mobo port worked again. would not even boot with the graphics card installed just said no signal. Thanks

0 Likes

If it is possible, try to install the RX in another computer and see if it does the same exact thing. If it boots up and works fine that indicates something is wrong with your computer setup.

But if it does the same thing, it is possible you have a bad GPU card.

0 Likes
Hardwood
Paragon

Adding to goodplay's list: Both power cables into gpu?

I had a similar issue with my a10 when installing my old 290x gpu.

This was a while ago so...

With the 580 in:

try booting with a USB of Windows startup Repair Util, if you get a screen great! At this point I can't remember if I did a repair or not. Maybe..

next thing was turn it off and change the cable to analog (DB25) from digital.

And that worked. Once up and running with new driver, I changed it back to HDMI.

So the moral of the story is try booting with something different and try different connections to monitor.

It was an odd experience for me and I'm sorry I can't be more  specific.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

In most BIOS with integrated Graphics, as soon as you installed a GPU Card it automatically change the Main Display boot device to the GPU Card UNLESS you have in BIOS set to boot with Integrated Graphics all the time (Not on AUTO).

If BIOS is set for Integrated Graphics you won't get any video from the GPU card but from the Motherboard's Video ports only.

0 Likes
chromerite
Journeyman III

Wish I could but I don't have another one or friend with a computer to try it on.

0 Likes

You need to find out if your mobo supports UEFI cards.

Ask on HP forum, or go into bios settings and check for the option(consult the HP manual ?).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
chromerite
Journeyman III

I did see where some people who had bios version 7.07 like mine updated to 8.18 and fixed some of their issues but not sure if I need to do that yet or not or exactly how to go about it. Without messing something up

0 Likes
chromerite
Journeyman III

I seen a run UFEI application in the bios

0 Likes