• Operating System Windows 7 64bit
    • Driver version installed: Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1
      • Display Devices: LG FLATRON e2241 @60Hz HDMI adapter
      • Motherboard + Bios Revision: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 Bios Version P1.50
      • CPU/APU: FX-8350
      • Power Supply Unit Wattage: 600W
        • RAM: 12GB

Describe your issue:

• Out of nowhere i got a screen freeze and restarted my OS. After the windows loading i got a black screen. I had to format my OS after several attempts of loading the Windows and then realize the problem was in the driver of the GPU, since i was able to use the computer as a Standard Graphic Card Device.
        • Now, every time i try to install the driver i got the black screen after the Windows Loading, need to recover the system to a previous point if i want to keep using the computer.

Any idea what may causing the problem and how to solve it. If the GPU had a problem, or fried it shouldnt be working even as a Standard GC, correct?

0 Likes
        4 Replies
        dstmnd89x
        Challenger

Is the adapter you are using a DVI to HDMI adapter? Is it possible to try the video connection without any adapters (i.e. straight from the port on the card)?

You may want to try to do a clean un-install of all AMD graphics software and then run DDU in Safe Mode after a reboot by striking F8 key before Windows 7 loads up. Run DDU and reboot the computer again and then try to install the latest signed drivers for the card.

0 Likes

No, the cable is a HDMI to HDMI. I didnt understand the next question: what do you mean straight from the port?

I did the clean with CCleaner, Revo Uninstaller, DDU in safe mode and every time i try to install the lastest driver i get the black screen after the Windows Logo.
        Also, it seems the PC is dead, like, there inst any activity after that, like the Windows start-up sound, the keyboard online.

0 Likes

In your original post there is reference of a 60hz HDMI adapter, so that's what I figured you to be using (i.e. DVI to HDMI adapter).

If it's possible to try DVI or DisplayPort from the card's ports to the monitor, then you should try that in place of the HDMI for troubleshooting purposes. If the video feed doesn't cut out during driver installation with the DVI or DP, then we can isolate the problem to the HDMI interface of the card.

0 Likes
        jackcabral90
        Adept I

bump

0 Likes