cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ptp
Newcomer

Display problems after Win10 Pro 64 update

My NEC Spectraview 2690 does not work properly after the latest Win10 Pro forced update.  It can only display 1280x768px. The native 1920x1200px is not selectable. Tried to uninstall AMD drivers and reinstall the latest version as well as updating the installed driver via Windows update. Nothing works... The drivers are shown in the list but my feeling is that Windows does not allow the installation of another drive than the one that it has identified as the best one...

I use a Radeon Pro WX5100 Graphics Card, Win10 64 Pro, NEC Spectraview 2690 Reference. During the boot process there appears a small window in the upper right corner which also displays the 1280x768px resolution.

Any idea?

Thank you,

Peter

0 Likes
11 Replies

Roll back to 1709, properly configure Windows Update to delay updates and upgrades, and set your connection speed to Metered.

0 Likes

1. Connection type?
  2. Which driver?

Display Port (PC) to DVI (Monitor).

18.q3.1-oct1 - 24.20.12042.5

0 Likes

Version 17.09. for the AMD driver?

How can I set my connection speed to metered? And does the delay of updates and upgrades not only postpone the problem?

0 Likes

Wireless network properties, enable Metered Connection

And by setting the maximum delays, you give Microsoft a year in addition to the channel designation delay to work out the bugs and companies a chance to update their driver and software support, something which Microsoft has been heavily criticized for with Windows 10, pushing out new builds without giving vendors a chance to update their compatibility, which notoriously resulted in the removal of several AV software packages.

0 Likes
fsadough

Can you provide the EDID of your monitor, so I can try to replicate the issue?

0 Likes

EDID_2690.jpg

0 Likes

I hope that is the right data. I went to "enhanced Radeon Pro Settings --> EDID-emulation --> manage EDID --> display EDID RAW info"

0 Likes

If in the future you want Windows 10 Pro from updating Drivers on your computer, one of the best ways is thru "Group Policy" to disable Windows Driver updates.

This website gives you various methods to permanently disable Driver updates in Windows 10: Windows 10 Help Forums

But not sure if you can do it on a workstation computer or it needs to be done to the Server that workstation is connected to.

0 Likes

There are several NEC LCD2690 Monitors. I just picked this one from NEC: LCD2690W2-BK-SV, 26" Widescreen Color-Critical Desktop Monitor w/ SpectraViewII - Highlights & Speci...

Do you have the latest NEC Software for your monitor. If may be able to fix your problem or if you are using NaviSet Administrator 2 maybe it needs to be reconfigured for the new Windows updates.

This Manual for the 2690 seems to be generic. It shows how to correctly configure your Monitor in WIndows and other settings to get it the way you want: https://www.necdisplay.com/documents/UserManuals/SpectraView_II_UsersGuide_1.1.04_English.pdf

From NEC Support for Monitor Drivers: NEC Monitor Installer | NEC Display Driver Installer

According NEC this is the Monitor that replaced the one you have.PA271W-BK-SV, 27" Widescreen Color-Critical Desktop Monitor w/ SpectraViewII - Highlights & Specific...

The driver for this monitor was added to above LCD Monitor Installer. This driver should be compatible with your LCD2690 and PA27 Monitor.

0 Likes

Thank you all for your support. I finally decided to get a new monitor since the NEC was 12 years old and began to show color bleeding in the bottom right corner. I planned to invest next year but found a good offer for an EIZO CG2730 rarely used.

This guy is running perfectly and the diffenrence is striking. Should have done this earlier in time...

0 Likes