cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vojko
Journeyman III

R9 380 driver stopped responding

It's been 3 years since I got this card and it's been nothing but trouble. There was a massive R9 380 crashes thread back then because it was crashing left, right and center on early Crimson drivers. It wasn't stable even just on Windows desktop, no additional programs running. It certainly wasn't stable in games, I remember having to run Rust on older DirectX version because it was crashing like mad on DirectX 11. And I'm well pissed off it's crashing two years later still.

It's been fairly stable this year with the new drivers and all, I'll give you that, but that has been on decline as my driver has stopped responding 4 times in the past 2 hours. One time unrecoverable, I had to restart my PC. Doesn't crash in games, but does in web browsers (both Chrome and Firefox). Has been happening only on Facebook during this year when the videos would load, but now it started happening on YouTube as well. Event Viewer gives no useful info other than "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." and whatever the other one with a LiveKernelEvent and an empty fault bucket is. No info whatsoever. I was on whatever the prior version of driver was, now I'm on 18.5.1, same thing.

I've got a new PSU for this card, it didn't help. I've done a clean Windows install, several times, it didn't help. Nothing I've done has helped. I've thought that it was the drivers this entire time, but I'm seriously starting to think that it's faulty hardware.

So anyway, I'm selling this card, does anyone want to buy it?

0 Likes
0 Replies