My system is the following:

Ryzen 2700X

MSI x470 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000

MSI Gaming 1080Ti

Storage

2 Samsung 960 EVO NVMe SSD

1 WD 4TB SATA Disk

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, loaded the rcbottom.sys and rcraid.sys drivers during the Windows installation and everything installed fine on the RAID1 NVMe array. I'm not running into the reboot/shutdown issue described here:x470 raid crash on shutdown and restart
I am however running into the issue that Windows can't seem to find my non-RAID WD disk. Here's what the device manager has to say: RAID Controller seems to be unrecognized.

Capture.PNG

RAID mode and Windows support are enabled in BIOS. I can see the WD disk being in "Ready" state in BIOS RAID utility but neither RAIDXpert2 nor Windows can't seem to find it.

Here are the storage related drivers installed on my system:

Capture2.PNG

Any ideas?

Cheers.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Did you initialise the WD Disk in the BIOS and then set it as a Volume Drive? I believe this step will need to be done first.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Did you initialise the WD Disk in the BIOS and then set it as a Volume Drive? I believe this step will need to be done first.

0 Likes

I couldn't do anything with the WD disk in the BIOS. Can't remember exactly what state it was in but it was unusable: I now cleared the CMOS and redid all the configuration, seems to be working now.