cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

larsbars
Adept II

Radeon Pro WX 3100 + Radeon R7 430 = "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems" Code 43

Hi all,

I have a HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Small Form Factor PC

I want to use 5 monitors, and the included Radeon R7 430 GPU only contains two display outs, so I purchased a Radeon Pro WX 3100 GPU, due to it's small form factor and features.

Problem: Installing/enabling the WX3100 causes the R7 430 to stop working, and installing/enabling the R7 430 causes the Pro WX 3100 to stop working.

Right now it seems like the drivers for both of the cards are as up-to-date as they can be, but the cards will not both be enabled at the same time. I have tried removing the cards and installing one at a time, and they do work independently, but I need both of them to work simultaneously so I can use 5 displays.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Radeon PRO WX 3100 4GB
    • Radeon R7 430 2GB
  • Desktop or Laptop System
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 1803 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Pro and AMD FirePro Software Version

• 18.Q3.1

• Display Devices
    • Dell P2311H - 1920x1080@60Hz - Connected via DVI to DisplayPort to WX3100
    • Dell P2311H - 1920x1080@60Hz - Connected via DVI to DisplayPort to R7 430
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • HP EliteDesk 705 G3 SFF UEFI P09 v2.17
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 1700X Eight-Core Processor
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • HP 200w
  • RAM
    • DDR4 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Installing/enabling the WX3100 causes the R7 430 to stop working, and installing/enabling the R7 430 causes the Pro WX 3100 to stop working.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Added formal problem submission form.

Message was edited by: Lars Passic

0 Likes
5 Replies
fsadough

You combine a Gamer board with a Workstation board, this is not supported. 18.Q3.1 is a workstation driver and does not support Radeon R7, that's why you get the error code. Without a MST-Hub you will not be able to get 5x displays from any low-profile graphics card. If you have to have 5x displays. Return the WX3100, remove the R7 and purchase and install a WX4100 + a MST-Hub.

Sorry, even with  WX3100 + MST-Hub can do 5x displays. So, no need to return the WX3100. With WX4100 + MST Hub you can do 6x displays.
Club 3D | Multi Stream Transport (MST) Hub HDMI® Triple Monitor

Hey fsadough​ thanks for your response!

I was not aware of this inherent incompatibility, are you saying this is by design? Is there a support article that explains this in detail?

0 Likes

Another question, I just want to confirm what my options are from this point:

1. Remove the R7 and Purchase a three-way DisplayPort MST hub for the WX3100 for 5 total displays. (Confirmed by fsadough​)
  2. Remove the R7 and Return the WX3100 and purchase a WX4100 + two-way DisplayPort MST hub for 5 total displays (Confirmed by fsadough​)
  3. Remove the R7 and purchase a 2-port NVIDIA GPU to use with the WX3100 for 5 total displays. (Not confirmed - will this work?)
  4. Remove the R7 and purchase a WX2100 to use with the WX3100 for 5 total displays (Not confirmed - will this work?)

Thanks again for your help with this one!

0 Likes

1. Remove the R7 and Purchase a three-way DisplayPort MST hub for the WX3100 for 5 total displays. (Confirmed by fsadough)
    Correct
  2. Remove the R7 and Return the WX3100 and purchase a WX4100 + two-way DisplayPort MST hub for 5 total displays (Confirmed by fsadough)
    Correct
  3. Remove the R7 and purchase a 2-port NVIDIA GPU to use with the WX3100 for 5 total displays. (Not confirmed - will this work?)
    Wrong: Combination of Nvidia and AMD is not supported
  4. Remove the R7 and purchase a WX2100 to use with the WX3100 for 5 total displays (Not confirmed - will this work?)
    Yes/No: Depends on how you want 5 displays to work. If you need 5 independent displays, then the answer is YES. If you want to merge all 5 displays to one single display, the answer is NO.
0 Likes