cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

giorov92
Adept II

AMD 470 chipset won't get past StoreMI screen at boot after plugging in USB3 card reader into motherboard internal slot

AMD 470 chipset won't get past StoreMI screen at boot after plugging in USB3 card reader into motherboard internal slot.

It's a StarTech USB3.0 multi-card reader I got from Newegg which connect to an onboard connector.

I'm on a Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING (rev. 1.0) AM4 chipset with StoreMI managing and SSD-HDD combination partition.

Computer boots fine unless I plug in the USB3 onboard pin connector for the card reader.

What can I do? I'm thinking maybe there's some USb3 setting for internal headers which I could find hidden somewhere. Or at the very worst, decouple the two drives, turning off StoreMI, plugging it in, seeing if it boots to windows then try remaking the connection.. although really that's a lot of trouble. Sounds like StoreMI is confused by the card reader, thinking there are a bunch of other potential drives... maybe something to do with drive letters? Don't think so though.

Thanks,

Gio

0 Likes
1 Solution
giorov92
Adept II

figured it out through ENMOTUS support but they said they gave the answer to AMD support as well. Let me know if this happens to you and will explain what we did.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
giorov92
Adept II

figured it out through ENMOTUS support but they said they gave the answer to AMD support as well. Let me know if this happens to you and will explain what we did.

0 Likes