cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mkubiak402
Adept I

mouse micro freezing

when are you guys at AMD going to fix the mouse micro freezing?
no muse LAG on a Nvidia GTX1050TI but as soon as the AMD Drives are installed on my RX480 i get mouse lag i have been getting it for the last 4 Ver of the Drivers? it is not the Card i have 2 and took 1 out and tested 1 at a time and this is on a fresh reformat... ad soon as the Drivers are installed BAM mouse micro freezing

i don't want your help i am pointing to show my dissatisfaction and just Fix this... it is not just isolated to just me..

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use the original discussion to provide your feedback on this issue.

http://community.amd.com/thread/232929

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
rdelcueto
Journeyman III

After installing "Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.10.1-Oct10" I began experiencing the mouse stuttering/freezing problem.

I rolled back the driver version by performing a clean install of "Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.9.3-Sept26". The mouse problem is now gone. I would suggest giving this specific driver version a try.

0 Likes
angeh
Adept I

I experienced the same thing with the last drivers actually... I think I made a mistake by buying Radeon.. got a brand new Rx 570 and I'm already suffering with battlefront 2 artifacts or wherever is that's going on in my endmwirh this game.. and tbh I'm starting to wonder if it's the game or text card or something else, but I have no idea how to know this specially if support doesn't come around to help me about it!

0 Likes

Angeh, Your problem sounds different from MK's. Start your own thread and include as much info as possible.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

well you tell me then why am i also experiencing the mouse freezing on 18.9.3?

0 Likes

Hi @angeh,

Last week it was pretty clear to me that after updating my graphics drivers (AMD Radeon Adrenaline software) something broke, so it was relatively easy to pin point what components I've installed or changed in the last couple of days. After reverting to the last known working configuration, the problem was solved. It did require a couple of hours from the moment I identified the problem, till I was able to get my system to behave correctly; it is a shame that drivers with such problems get released.

I would like to note that I've experienced similar mouse stuttering symptoms with other systems (non AMD hardware). While investigating possible root causes I was amazed by the myriad of signatures that people report (and the esoteric "fixes" you'll find). I guess there are plenty of possible causes for such behavior. For example, in my previous gaming rig, using a Bluetooth wireless mouse (Logitech M720) on a WIFI+Bluetooth network adapter (Intel) would cause random mouse stuttering. The problem was very difficult to debug, because it only occurred under specific conditions at random times. So it would be wise to look into other possible causes besides the video card.

All in all, if you had a previous working configuration, I would suggest you revert to that, then try to identify what breaks the configuration. If you believe it is related to a specific hardware device (ex. Graphics card), try uninstalling that specific driver and/or hardware and see if the symptoms still exist. If you happen to have a spare graphics card (or onboard video card), try using that device to isolate the behavior.

Hope that helps you solve the problem you are experiencing.

giorov92
Adept II

Well, I'm on the Windows 10 1809 update and I noticed the 18.10.1 driver is up and adds support for this version of Windows. Problem is the new driver causes everything to freeze every 7 seconds for a second. When is AMD going to release a hotfix for this issue?

I'm on a Radeon RX580, Ryzen 2700X, Aorus x470 Ultra Gaming. Everything is up to date.

Why would this happen?

0 Likes

sucks to have to revert to a driver which is not designed to support the OS, but this performs worse XD. Waiting game...

0 Likes

A big audio issue just got patched
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/microsoft-windows-10-audio...

File deletion bug is fixed too although after fiddling around I did manage to lose my profile picture.

Anyway I'd say this is between AMD and microsoft. Betcha AMD will have to release a hotfix.

Tried BF1 on 18.9.3 and it worked ok until the driver crashed.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use the original discussion to provide your feedback on this issue.

http://community.amd.com/thread/232929
0 Likes