cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

alexrodry
Journeyman III

I cant open Gog galaxy and other apps when i have my drivers updated

I bought a RX580 and since then i cant open a lot of my apps, they stay in the background and dont open like gog galaxy, and all uplay games, pls help me fix this I want to be able to play the games i bought

0 Likes
4 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

Do as requested by Kingfish and what was your previous vidcard?

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes
alexrodry
Journeyman III

PC SPECS:

Motherboard ATX MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Octa-Core 3.4GHz c/ Turbo 3.8GHz 16MB SktAM4

Asus ROG Strix Radeon RX 580 8GB OC

RAM G.SKILL Flare X 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL14

Nox NX 650W

Bios version : American  Megatrends Inc 1.H0

Asus VP228HE TN 21.5" FHD 16:9 60Hz

I changed my graphics card from a "MSI GeForce GT 1030 AERO ITX 2G GDDR5 OC"to a Asus ROG Strix Radeon RX 580 8GB OC, and i had some problems with uplay, then I formated my pc and still had the same problems i updatded everything, and still had the same problems, one teacher of mine told me to unistal the graphics card drivers, and so i did and it worked to open Gog Galaxy, but still got the same problem whit uplay, but when i updated or my pc self updated the drivers it stop working again recently i updated again to the new version  "Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1" and it still doesnt open insted stays in background, with uplay i have the "preparing to lunch your game" forever, and some games go straight to the background. Before i changed the graphics card I didnt have any problems. Pls help im losing gametime of games i want to play like the new assassin's creed odyssey and other uplay games i love.

0 Likes

Check your Event viewer. My first guess is your missing DirectX files.

Also in Uplay Launcher folder take a look at the log files for errors.

GOG has a  folder called _redist and in there are two vcredist files you could run and repair.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes