cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

decade21
Newcomer

Is my GPU crashing?

I've been having trouble lately with games randomly crashing. It's weird though how sometimes I can play for an hour without problems, then sometimes I'd play 15mins in and I'll crash. For example, in Overwatch, screen will just freeze but I can alt-tab easily, and open task manager to end it. When it freezes, sound still goes on like I'm still playing (I can hear footsteps of my character even if it freezes) then after how many seconds, I won't hear it anymore, with background music/effects still going. Same goes for Tekken 7, when it freezes, the music just goes on.

Never OC'd anything.

Checked my Event Viewer, and after crashing, sometimes there won't be error logs.

CPU: i5-7500

Mobo: GA-B250m-D3h

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 OC 8gb

Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 500gb as my boot drive, 1x SATA SSD and 1x HDD for storage.

Memory: 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance

GPU Driver: 18.9.3

I've tried everything I can see in google

- Reinstall drivers using DDU

- Install recommended driver by Adrenalin (18.5.1)

- chkdsk, dism commands, sfc /scannow stuff for Windows 10

- Reduced frequency (memory and gpu) of my card using Global WattMan

I can't seem to pinpoint what the problem is. All I can think about is it's a driver failure. Or I should change my GPU?

Attached here are error or info logs relating to the games, maybe someone knows what these mean.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hardwood
Paragon

You know what you need? You need to put that 480 in another computer and see if the problem persists.

This is IF you're sure it's not heat related and your system memory passes and your PSU isn't dieing.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes