cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vezz
Journeyman III

ryzen master cant switch to "auto" control mode, stuck at "manual"

Amd ryzen 5 2600) Overclocking to 3.8ghz, i had to turn ryzen master to "manual" to do a couple things. as i was switching back to auto, it said i have to restart my computer, so i did. after it had turned back on, it was still at "manual" and i had the option "apply" still there, and it asked me to restart again. it seems to just do this over and over again. any help would be really appreciated.

3 Replies

Can you clarify what the "couple of things" you did that needed to put Ryzen Master on "Manual"?

You can try and "reset" Ryzen Master back to default and start over again if it goes to "Automatic". If it still doesn't go to Automatic, You can uninstall Ryzen Master and then try resetting your Motherboard's BIOS to default and see if everything is back to normal.

Then install latest version of Ryzen Master for your CPU again and start again from the beginning. Just keep in mind what you did before that prevented the program from going to Automatic from Manual.

I tried the "reset" and it does the exact same thing. I Also tried

reinstalling ryzen master, nothing happened. the things i did before this

are irrelevant since the "reset" is supposed to reset them anyways. But ill

try resetting BIOS.

11.10.2018 20.19 "elstaci" <amd-external@jiveon.com> kirjoitti:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: ryzen master cant switch to "auto" control mode, stuck at "manual" in *Drivers

& Software*

0 Likes
David27
Adept I

I just went through this very annoying problem with my 2600x and Fatal1ty Gaming K4, it actually doesn't have anything to do with Ryzen Master.

Step 1: Uninstall Ryzen Master, as it's not good for anything, always better to use BIOS (UEFI).

Step 2: Enter UEFI, select CPU Frequency and Voltage Change to Auto. Select CPU Frequency and Voltage Change back to Manual, the DEFAULT frequency and voltage numbers should be inputted there, LEAVE THEM ALONE, Saves Changes and Exit. Log into windows.

Step 3: By now the problem is basically solved, with the default values, frequency and voltage will go up and down on Idle and core performance boost will kick in if enabled. You can now enter UEFI and select Auto, it will work. If you run CPUZ you will see the Multiplier constantly changing.

My conclusion is that the default values on Manual work the same as Auto, if you change them, they may eventually get bugged and just switching back to Auto alone won't work. You need to enter save the default values on Manual to "reset" it.

0 Likes