cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

noodles59
Miniboss

18.10.1 all wrong

... shows me a recommended resolution of 1080 when my monitor is 4K? FAIL!

0 Likes
9 Replies
locodicegr
Miniboss

0 Likes

In my opinion, Your Post is more of a comment than a question since it is so vague in nature.

0 Likes

vague in nature?

my 4K monitor got a default display of 3840x 2160

how comes the latest driver thinks I got a 2k monitor hence recommending 1920x1080? (..is beyond me)

0 Likes

If this is a new monitor here is the manual for the tv: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201601/20160106091648935/BN46-00481B-Eng_for_India.pdf

It mentions to install a driver for the tv to get maximum resolution:

You didn't post how your monitor is connected to what type of GPU.    

You didn't mention what happens if you clicked on the Maximum Resolution that Windows shows for your Monitor. Does it go black and then after about 15 seconds returns to 1920 x 1080 resolution or do you actually have maximum resolution showing and it is asking you if you want to keep this settings.

I can tell by your image you must have Windows 10 installed. I would go and read the manual to make sure the monitor is setup correctly for maximum resolution.

DId you get maximum resolution with a previous AMD Driver?

You probably need the correct HDMI 2.0 cable or if connected with DP cable to the monitor. You haven't mentioned the exact HMDI or DP cable you are using or if you are using an adapter.

What GPU card do you have installed?

EDIT: I also would put Display Scaling back to 100% from 175% temporarily to see if you are able to get Maximum Resolution.

Look, all this was fine with the older drivers... suddenly I have to answer kiss questions like that?

Okay, I help you a bit:

1) Its a DP connection to a RX 570

2) yes, max resolution was fine b4

3) I don't need a manual coz see above

4) Display scaling?  it's not display scaling .. it's font scaling and the 4K win10 default is 150% for a reason - however, the display/desktop font is still too small hence I am on 175% for proper font size display.. remember we're talking 4K display! ..and, btw, with VSR  enabled my monitor can do 5K which disappeared too from the options.

not sure 1809 is a game changer for the driver but you find out, no?

0 Likes

use DDU and reinstall 18.10.1, and next time post more information about your problem,

And not just a uselless comment.

Thanks.

This already happened - no change

0 Likes

Why don't you report the issue to AMD, install the previous driver that worked and get on with your life?

I do get on with my life - returned to 18.9.3 and all looks fine again

0 Likes