cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nsuffield
Journeyman III

Third monitor on Display Port flashing on and off

I have just upgraded to a Radeon RX550 because I want to run 3 monitors. The first two work fine, but the 3rd flashes on and off continuous, with about 2 seconds in each state. Does anyone have any ideas as to why or how to test further.

Kit

I have:

• swapped cables to test that all monitors work - all OK
  • tested all DVI cables - all OK

It is either the card, configuration of the card or the DP/DVI adapter. I think it is the adapter but wondered if there is anything I could check before sending it back.

0 Likes
2 Replies
nsuffield
Journeyman III

Further to my original message, I realised that my wife's laptop has a DP port so connected it to the 3rd monitor using DP > DP/DVI adapter > DVI cable. This worked fine.

In addition, I tried unplugging the 2nd monitor (HDMI>DVI) to see if it was to do with the load or amount of monitors. Nevertheless, the 3rd monitor keeps cycling through on and off.

0 Likes
nsuffield
Journeyman III

... additional info, I have also noticed that when the screen flashes on, the mouse pointer freezes for a half second, works properly until the screen has switched off and back on again and then freezes again.

If there is no power to the monitor, the mouse pointer freezing still occurs and it only stops if I actually disconnect the DP/DVI adaptor/DVI cable.

0 Likes