cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xatrix31
Adept I

Does FX-8300 on 990X chipset support Windows 10 newer than 1703?

My config:

Asus M5A99X EVO

AMD FX-8300 3,3GHz

Asus Radeon RX460 O2G

GoodRam 8Gb 1600MHz

SSD Silicon Power 240Gb

Seagate 500Gb

WD 4Tb

Chieftec ECO GPE-700W

CoolerMaster 212 EVO

Windows 10 x64 1803

Wi-Fi TP-Link 851ND

I have random freezing my computer without any BSOD and only reset helps. I checked, tested all hardware and tried to replace all of them. Even processor and motherboard. Downloaded and updated all drivers for videocard and chipset. Windows has last updates. This freezing started at October 2017 when Windows 10 1709 was published and I think that AMD, Asus or Microsoft just stopped supporting Windows 10 newer than 1703 for these types of chipset and processors.

0 Likes
12 Replies
georges
Challenger

No!! These CPUs works perfect with new version , I had some problems too from version 1709 with FX 6300(like random freezing) but I solved it when I install Windows 10 with UEFI mode

Now I have Windows 10 1803 with no issues

0 Likes

I didn't find this UEFI Mode in the BIOS of this motherboard and any information how to turn it on. Maybe it turned on by default. I hope it's not important that my OS installed on SSD using MBR instead GPT....

0 Likes

Your motherboard support UEFI, also UEFI boot can only be installed with GPT

You did not specify which version of BIOS you are on but you may need to update it to the latest version.

0 Likes

I've got the latest version of BIOS, which is on the official ASUS site. 1708.

0 Likes

In my PC (Asrock 970 pro3 R2)

I created an installation media of Windows 10 in a USB flash driver (Fat32) -> With Media Creation Tool from Microsoft

Then I turned on my PC and I press F11 and the Boot menu been displayed, then I choosed UEFI : USB to open with, instead of AHCI : USB

Then I cleaned my HDD/SSD with Diskpart(Clean , no clean all), I changed it From MBR to GPT(using diskpart) and then I installed my Windows 10 in it

But if you don't want to do all that , you can Turn off fast startup option from control panel and check if it freezes

Actually I turned off Fast Startup in power management and it still freezes. When it freezes and any sound plays at this time, speakers begin to "play" BZZZZZZ about 5 seconds.

I'll try to reinstall Windows 10 1803. Press F8 and choose UEFI Flash. Clean all SSD, convert to GPT and Windows installer will create all the necessary partitions automatically.

I heard that Microsoft releases 1809 version in October. Maybe they fixed this problem..

I have other computer with ASRock N68-VS3 UCC motherboard and AMD Athlon x3 440 with 2x4Gb RAM, Windows 10 Pro 1803 (Update Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro). And it doesn't freeze like this FX.

My computer has Windows 10 Pro 1803 too. Update Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.

Don't write 'Clean all' in diskpart because you have an SSD

write 'Clean'

0 Likes

Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 1803 using UEFI on SSD with GPT. SATA mode is AHCI. Today it froze again with this BZZZZ. So it's not a solution. I just installed drivers and updates for OS, nothing ever.

Only once I could catch a BSOD. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER in amdkmdap.

0 Likes

It sounds like your issue could be related to your graphics card, or perhaps another component such as the PSU.

What AMD graphcis driver version are you using?

0 Likes

I had Q-Dion 550W, but 2 weeks ago I changed it to Chieftec ECO GPE-700W. I don't think this is a bad power supply, and its power is not enough for my system.

Now I use 18.9.1 driver and today I'll install 18.5.1 as WHQL version.

It's a pity that I didn't save the minidump before reinstalling OS. But I have a minidump from January with the same error.

0 Likes
xatrix31
Adept I

Solved.

problem was in driver for wifi card tp-link 851.

0 Likes