cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Discussions

fabio_gi
Journeyman III

GPU+CPU rendering glitch

when I select both GPU and CPU as render mode, the output is just a glitchy noisy image.

While on GPU it works fine.

My set: iMac Pro 14core, Vega 64

0 Likes
6 Replies
shrisha
Adept II

Hello Fabio,

I hope You are not give up on ProRender yet. Can I ask you for a favor? I see you have a Vega 64 and just wondering if there is any advantage for me to upgrade to it. Just want to see if there will be considerable difference with my current setup. If I share simple maya scene could you please render it and tell me render time? Will really appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hi dude, I have lot of hopes about ProRender mostly because it’s the only gpu rendering available on amd, but unfortunately it’s a bit “young”. Not just because the crash, it lack something for me so important, such as sequences as maps and so on. Anyway on some renders Vega 64 seemed to be really really strong (and I could just try it all alone, without the peering on the CPU cause the issue in subject).

Sure I can try your scene, also I’m curious to test some settings different than mines. Also keep in touch about any prorender feature and functionality just to have a confront.

Best!

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 09 ott 2018, alle ore 20:32, shrisha <amd-external@jiveon.com<mailto:amd-external@jiveon.com>> ha scritto:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: GPU+CPU rendering glitch

in Maya

0 Likes

Thanks man, appreciated. There is not much settings fiddling involved. I just create this simple scene by fooling around. On my GTX 1070 it is rendered to 500 passes in 10min. With redshift relatively to the same level I got in 1.5 min. No wonder since redhsift builded around CUDA.

I like the idea of free GPU render and ProRender is looks quite promising. Not complete full featured production render yet but hopefully it will be in some point in time. Plus I have some sympathy to AMD in general.

Devs here is not super fast with answering questions which is a bit frustrating but I'm still giving them some credit and hoping for best.

Anyway here is the link to my file:

MEGA

Waiting for your result

Thanks

0 Likes

I replied to you. but since there is external web link in my post it's under moderation now. Hope it will cleared soon.

0 Likes

otherwise let’s try  ********

Just remove the blanks

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 10 ott 2018, alle ore 17:32, shrisha <amd-external@jiveon.com<mailto:amd-external@jiveon.com>> ha scritto:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: GPU+CPU rendering glitch

in Maya

0 Likes
bsavery
Staff

Hi Fabio.  This is a known issue we're looking at.   The problem on macOS is the CPU and GPU give slightly different renders, so using both looks weird.

0 Likes