Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

weiran
Journeyman III

Steam Big Picture Crash - iMac 5K 580 Pro

Hi,

Anyone else experiencing a Steam Big Picture crash about 1 second into the intro video? I've contacted Steam Support but they cannot support Bootcamp, however have confirmed it's a crash in the AMD driver itself.

I've tried various driver versions include Apple official and bootcampdrivers.com upto 18.8.2 (18.9.x don't work with the iMac 5K and 580 series currently)

Weiran

0 Likes
5 Replies
juhahalme
Journeyman III

Hello,

I share the same problem, with same setup. Haven't found any solution to this problem so far. I would use big picture mode for steamlink, but now as workaround I have to use desktop mirroring. If there is any solution to this, please report.

-Juha

0 Likes

Hey guys, I have the same issue with 2017 imac 5k running bootcamp...I solved it. I removed the display drivers and then ran steam and removed big picture and then installed driver 18.8.2 to maintain 5k display and now steam runs well. PLease let me know if there are any questions?

Hi rajamania, what do you mean by "removed big picture"? I've reinstalled 18.8.2 but still have crashes when entering Big Picture, or trying to use desktop Steam Link streaming.

0 Likes

Hello Weiran, when you go to bootcampdrivers.com and use the software to remove the amd software for bootcamp windows, it will use the windows default display drivers and then you can launch steam. Steam will default to big picture and then go into the settings of the app and turn off big picture.Go  into the controller settings and check mark exit big picture mode. Then you can reinstall the modified amd drivers . Then you should be good to go. Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks

Rajamania

0 Likes

Weiran, you can only use steam in standard mode for now. Because our drivers are modified or not on the  current one . I know i am  using the older version of amd drivers  to keep 5k resolution  in windows.

0 Likes