cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

How to install AMD drivers manually?

Hi, I bought my AN515-42 (Acer Nitro 5) with a RX 560X recently, and I am quite happy with it, but the driver compatibility is pretty lacking, some/most games perform relatively poorly. So I downloaded a driver from my computers support website on acer's website: https://www.acer.com/ac/no/NO/content/support-product/7605?b=1&pn=NH.Q3RED.011​. So I download the driver, extract the file and I am confused which setup and programs I should launch(as seen in the pictures below), I hope somebody can help me with this problem.

NOTE: Driver update via Device Manager does not come up with any drivers, the driver download website from AMD does not have the RX 560X.

Skjermbilde (4).pngSkjermbilde (5).pngSkjermbilde (6).pngSkjermbilde (7).png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Click the Setup file as shown in the screenshot below to start the installation process. Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I have the mobile graphic card RX 560X, not the desktop RX 560, I have heard installing the desktop driver version makes your GPU unusable.

0 Likes

Ok INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

AMD offers generic drivers. Laptop versions are custom designed by the manufacturer to their design specs for their computers. Get the drivers from the manufacturer. The pic you posted above...install both.

0 Likes

With "install both", do you mean the Radeoninstaller and setup in the Bin64 folder? There are many programs and setups in the whole driver folder like ATIsetup, InstallmanagerApp, the setup in the driver folder, and cc2 install setup.

0 Likes

Just run the installer....

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Click the Setup file as shown in the screenshot below to start the installation process. Capture.PNG