cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

khevyel
Journeyman III

3 displays on Radeon HD 6800 Series (DVI, HDMI, MDP)

I am at my wits end on how to get 3 displays to work with my AMD Radeon HD 6800. I have looked through other people's threads with similar issues but none really helped.

The displays I have are:
BenQ GW2406Z (HDMI, VGA DisplayPort 1.2) 1980 x 1080

Acer G247HYLbidx (HDMI, VGA, DVI) 1980 x 1080

XP-Pen Artist15.6 (USB-C - HDMI) 1980 x 1080

The Radeon 6800 has 2 Mini-DisplayPorts, 2 DVI and 1 HDMI.
I have bought a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 Active Adapter and connected it with the BenQ.
I connected the XP-Pen via HDMI.
And connected the Acer via DVI. I also tried a HDMI to DVI Adapter on this one.

And it just doesn't work. One monitor will always end up displaying "no signal". What am I doing wrong? I thought it should be possible to use 3 monitors via an Active Adapter on the Mini DisplayPort? Or does is specifically have to be an active Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort 1.2 Adapter and to HDMI does not work? Do I have to activate something somewhere? I also can't seem to find a driver for 6800 Series on amd.com only 6850 and 6870, however my device manager tells me my 6800 driver is up to date.

0 Likes
1 Solution
khevyel
Journeyman III

Using a cable with Mini DisplayPort on one end and DisplayPort 1.2 on the other end works.

Still don't know what's the problem with the active MDP to HDMI adapter, since according to the reviews it should work, but oh well. Fortunately one of my monitors has that heckin' Display Port.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
khevyel
Journeyman III

Using a cable with Mini DisplayPort on one end and DisplayPort 1.2 on the other end works.

Still don't know what's the problem with the active MDP to HDMI adapter, since according to the reviews it should work, but oh well. Fortunately one of my monitors has that heckin' Display Port.

0 Likes

ihave the same problem but im trying to connect two monitors to the dvi ports using dvi to vga adaptors the computer cant see the second screen   is it possible to use the two dvi ports to connect to vga cables

0 Likes

You have to double check with the manufacturer of your graphics card. You might have shared signal on the DVI outputs. In that case, you will not be able to get two independent displays to work. Try the HDMI or DP outputs.

0 Likes

The problem is the mDP-HDMI adapter. There are plenty of adapters out there. You should use the certified ones, however in your case, there is no need to convert a DP signal to a Digital signal. The less converters you have the better.

0 Likes