cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

abthomas
Journeyman III

SR#8200831512 Please help!!! Had a very awkward experience with AMD support

Hi AMD, Recently I had a submitted an service request to seek help to fix the issue which i was experiencing, unfortunately the support which i got from you is really pathetic and ridiculous. Please look into the below email thread with the problem details.

Hi Amd, I have been experiencing screen flickering and black screen issues with my 2 Freesync monitors (HP Omen 32) connected to 2 x RX 580 8Gb graphics cards in crossfire setup in all applications or games. It was working perfectly fine before the driver update (18.8.2), PS: Tried Display driver uninstaller/AMD CU DP 1.2 enabled., changed the Vesa certified cables, swapped the monitors,checked each GPU independently. Windows 10 OS up to date, latest MSI X370 BIOS flashed, tried latest drivers and rolled back driver but to no avail. PLEASE HELP asap,as it is hindering with the day to day rendering activities.

Dear Abraham,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200831512]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the email.

I understand you are experiencing screen flickering and black screen issue on your computer with 2 RX 580 crossfire setup and 2 freesyc monitors.

Please try the below suggestions and check the status.

Perform clean uninstallation of the drivers using DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode. It will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.

Then download and install the driver from below link and check the status. Please disconnect the network connection and disable antivirus before running the installer file.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-9-1

Thank you for contacting AMD.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Santosh

AMD Global Customer Care

Sorry, I was out of town due to on site work. I have already mentioned that I have tried all these steps before but to no avail. I expected a relevant troubleshooting steps not the automated templates.

Hoping to you hear from you soon

Thank you for the response.

Could you please try using the ATI pixel clock patcher tool and patch the connections and check if that works?

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

If the issue persists, could you please try clean installation of 18.9.2 drivers and check the status.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-9-2

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Santosh

AMD Global Customer Care

Hi Santosh,

Imagine you have purchased a product worth of 700$ from the company that you love very much and once you started experiencing some issue with it where the technical support is the only option,  how do you feel if the support team responds with repeated steps and with some unknown third party web pages. Its like throwing some trivial link and asking me to just give a try without even any single word of explanation. How can one understand what it actually does to fix my issue? I have informed you twice that I have tried DDU with latest drivers, still Im receiving the template response with no real effort to fix the problem.

I didn't expect a such a poor service from AMD.

Dear Abraham,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200831512]} has been reviewed and updated.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused but the reason I suggested Pixel clock patcher is that it modifies the video driver to support more resolution and refresh rate which might be one of the causes for black screen issue.

Also, this tool helped some of our users to resolve the black screen issue.

Could you please try increasing the power limit in Radeon settings and check if that resolves the flickering and black screen issue.

Make sure you have disabled Radeon chill.

Best regards,

Santosh

AMD Global Customer Care

I have already tried reducing the screen resolution and refresh rate from the native mode but to no avail.  Im afraid that your suggestions\intention may harm the functionality of freesync/lfc of my monitors and gpus however i will give a try this weekend.

I couldn't understand your explanation " I suggested pixel clock patcher is that it modifies the video driver to support more resolution and refresh rate which might be one of the causes for black screen issue"  Frankly, I expected more details before attempting it, how a one can understand with that description?

I went through each pages of the provided forum link and seems it is more to do with the block chain and mining I couldn't see any reference to my issue and some even say that above 4g decoding needs to be enabled for RX series graphic cards.  Honestly, AMD products and you are wasting my working hours as I took hours to go through each pages and still counting...

Dear Abraham,

I see that you have already tried lowering the screen resolution and refresh rate, yet the issue persists. I would recommend you try an older version driver 18.3.3 and check if that resolves the issue.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.3-Release-Not...

You can ignore the clock patcher suggestion and try clean installation of old drivers.

If you still have the same issue, please try the setup on different computer and check the status.

Best regards,

Santosh

AMD Global Customer Care

ENOUGH you literally wasted all my time I have spent my working hours to go thorugh the link which you provided which has more than 90 pages after all trying your suggestions the graphics performance went very really bad and now I see a lot of flciekring and black screen even with non freesybc momitors my entire setup crossfire, efinity even freesync got completely screwed up, now you suggest me to try older drievrs that I have tried million times after 2 days and asking me to ignore the crap tool you provided on the first place , before trying i requested for the information of that tool but you failed, then after all the steps I completed trustin u resulted in a more serous consequences now

THIS IS WORST SUPPORT I HAVE EVER SEEN Im clueless now I wont trust amd supp ever, IM DONE!

I’m going to take this very sersiously.. WHERE IS LISA SU?

Dear Abraham,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. please provide the below information so that I can forward it internally.

• Make and model of the Motherboard?
  • Driver versions you are experiencing issue with? Which drivers worked?
  • No of monitors being used and how they are connected?
  • PSU Capacity
  • Provide a small video clip showing the issue.

Meanwhile, I request you to fill out the issue reporting form, so that our driver team can look into it.

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se/5A1E27D23A3DE966

Best regards,

Santosh

AMD Global Customer Care

I want to communicate with your technical head or manager, please loop her/him to this email thread immediately

Dear Abraham,

I have forwarded your service request to next level support team for further assistance on this issue.

We request your patience and understanding in this regard.

Best regards,

Santosh

AMD Global Customer Care

Please luk out onto this matter, and help me. Im pissed off with AMD support team.amdmattray_mDedBobTucan2020BullHorn007hellframekingfish

0 Likes
0 Replies