cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kunter
Adept I

Low Framerate Compensation never worked for me. Can I make it work somehow?

Motherboard: ASUS TUF X470-Plus
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 Six Core 2600 3.90GHz
Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C14 2400MHz Dual Channel
GPU: PowerColor Red Devil Golden Sample Radeon RX580
VBIOS: 113-C9403100_101
Driver: Adrenalin 18.5.1 and previous versions too.

Monitor: AOC AGON AG322QCX 48Hz - 144Hz, 2560x1440 Connected via DP - LFC Compatybile.

Power Supply Unit:  SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 750W Fully Modular "80 Plus Gold"

LFC never worked for me. Framerate sometimes drops below 48 fps (instead of raising up due to LFC work). Ofcourse when framerate is lower than 48 fps flickering occurs.

Above 48 fps - freesync works beautyfully, everything is smooth and no flickering occurs.

Any suggestion how to make LFC to work  is highly desirable.

Thanks in advance for help.

Ps. No matter which game, driver version, windows 10 compilation - LFC does not work.

0 Likes
5 Replies
sergiogiadini
Journeyman III

with LFC your fps not suppose to raise...instead your monitor refresh rate should be doubled according to your fps...and when you see that flickering its the LFC kicks in.

so the LFC is working but another problem is that you got that flickering which is disturbing.

would be nice to hear from some one about that flickering problem...and no, turning off free-sync isn't an option :\

That's make sense. I see 2 times the same frame not because graphic card has sent it 2 times but because screen has been refreshed 2 times showing the same frame.

AMD you definitely should do something about it. We have paid for your product trusting you that it works fine as you describe it. So we deserve something in return. Or we don't?

0 Likes

Did you load the driver available for your monitor? I see there is one. AG322QC4 | AOC US

My Phillips doesn't run right with the Windows Plug and Play Driver, but if you load the right driver all is great.

0 Likes

I tried both Windows and AOC drivers. No difference in my case :-(

0 Likes

That is too bad. I know when mine didn't work they didn't initially even have a driver for mine from  Philips. I had told them the problem I was having and they told me they would look into it. At the time it was a new model. About 2 weeks later they emailed me a beta driver and it fixed it. They then put the driver up on their site.  So don't forget to let AOC know about your issue too, it isn't impossible it's the monitor not the graphics driver. I googled your issue with that monitor and found several complaints, some going back a while, if I recall to like June of 2017. A lot of people have freesync and other odd issues with various drivers of late. You might try loading a pretty old driver, one that worked really well across the board was 17.10.1. If it works fine for you aside from needed game updates since then, you at least know if it is monitor or graphics driver.

0 Likes