cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jkjk274
Journeyman III

League Of Legends and High GPU Usage on an RX 580

Overload GPU.gifYou have to look close because I finished the game, but there at the left of the GPU load it was 100 percent, then it calmed down and stayed pretty low the rest of the game, which if anything should have been more graphics intensive.

Message was edited by: Matt B

Edit title

0 Likes
7 Replies

Thank you, I didn't know what all information would be needed.

0 Likes
jkjk274
Journeyman III

I am running windows 10 64 bit, on a desktop.  I have the latest driver suggested by AMD for my card which is number 18.9.3.  My computer is running a MSI B350M mother board with American Megatrends Inc. 1.5 BIOS.  My CPU is a AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad Core, 3.2 GHz.  The display I am using is a Samsung TV that I don't know the specs of.  I also have a second monitor both connected with HDMI, but the problem persists with either one plugged into either port alone or together.  I also don't know the PSU specs.  I have 1 8 GB RAM stick installed, I started with a different stick but then I was getting blue screens, changing RAM worked, but then this problem stated popping up.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Are you concerned that your GPU is hitting 100% usage? If so that is perfectly normal and to be expected when playing games. If for some reasony you want to see lower GPU usage, you can enable Vsync or FRTC to lock FPS at a low value, for example 30-60FPS.

So they edited my message for some reason, when I play games it overloads my GPU and actually causes a freeze then black screen to occur, a few seconds later the screen returns to normal.  The audio continues throughout this and when I move my mouse, it "reappears" in a new spot so the computer is accepting inputs.  Once the screen comes back it looks like it is reopening the game from being minimized since it starts on the desktop or whatever window I have behind it.  I have already capped the frame rate to 60 FPS but the problem persists, I will try the vsync but I am not optimistic.

0 Likes

Do you have the Power Limit set to +50?

AMD graphics performance

0 Likes

I turned it up, but the problem persists.  Thank you for the help.

0 Likes