cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

d3ord3
Journeyman III

Why does windows 10 download driver for rx460 when i have a rx560?

I bought this from a 3rd party without a box or drivers disk.

I have put it in 2 different computers with the same results.

Windows Update will install RX 460 driver and driver from AMD will install Rx 560. Both installs has an error code:43 saying Windows has stopped the device because it has reported problems. Along with No sound while plugged into HDMI TV.

System 1:

Intel Core 2 Quad 6700 SLAQ @ 2.66 ghz

8 gb RAM

320 gb windows hard drive

4tb storage drive

375 watt psu

System 2:

Intel Core i3 550 @3.20ghz

6gb ram

500 gb hard drive

375 watt psu

0 Likes
2 Replies
dclanz
Adept I

Try installing the official drivers for the RX 560 from here: Radeon™ RX 560 Drivers & Support | AMD

0 Likes

First:

you need to configure Windows 10 to stop downloading Drivers from Windows Update.

Second:

Download the latest AMD Driver from AMD Download site : Radeon™ RX 560 Drivers & Support | AMD​ .

Note: The RX 560 is just a souped up version of the RX 460. This website compares the two GPU cards: https://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=3961&gid2=3599&compare=radeon-rx-560-4gb-vs-radeon-rx-...

They both use the exact same AMD Graphic Drivers.

Third:

Use this basic procedure to install the latest AMD FULL PACKAGE of Driver and software:

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

Fourth:

For Your Information Only: If you should have problems running GPU Intensive programs, like the latest games, it may be due to your PSU being too weak and not supplying enough power to the GPU card.

According to AMD you should have a minimum PSU of 450 Watts. You have installed a 375 Watt PSU.

Copied from above AMD Download site for your Driver:

Requirements

Typical Board Power (Desktop)

60-80 W

PSU Recommendation

450 W