cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

musepuckl
Journeyman III

RX 570 Adrenalin: Frequent Green Screen despite latest software

I read through several "green screen" posts here and I did not find a solution to my problem:

I had a monitor flickering once in a while, two days ago it started switching to solid green. After examining cables, connections and switching monitors, I updated the driver, and everything was ok.

Next day, the same story. On top of it, the 2nd monitor showed disconnected. To my surprise, I was able to update the driver again. I also switched to another display port outlet (primary HDMI works fine).

This morning it happened again and I downloaded completely new software package, latest release.

While it improved considerably, the green screen is still occurring like three times an hour for a second.

Here my configuration:

Radeon Software Version - 18.9.3

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) RX 570

Memory Size - 4096 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1206 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor

Primary monitor connected via HDMI,
Monitor in question connected via Display Port

Would love some help from someone who solved this.

Thanks!

0 Likes
7 Replies
musepuckl
Journeyman III

Forgot the software tab:

Radeon Settings Version - 2018.0925.2319.41966

Driver Packaging Version - 18.30.19.01-180925a-333764E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01359

OpenGL® Version - 24.20.11000.13541

OpenCL™ Version - 24.20.13019.1008

AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0278

AMD Mantle API Version - Not Available

AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.7

Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.49

Vulkan™ API Version - 1.1.77

0 Likes

Are you using a Dell monitor?  If so, try uninstalling the Dell Display Manager.  It seems to have worked for other users in the past.

Thanks for posting.

No, using a BenQ with standard drivers. As of last night, I have to work with one monitor. 2nd one won't come up anymore. Considering to switch back to Nvidia.

0 Likes

I just tried it out myself, got the green static-green screen loop.  I'm switching back to the 17.7.2 drivers.  They are the only ones I don't have this issue with.  What stinks is I did see a little improvement gameplay wise, but not enough to justify putting up with the static issues.  Seriously, AMD needs to fix this before releasing new drivers.  I've had the issue since the 17.9 driver set.

0 Likes

You need to report it to AMD > Email Form

0 Likes

i don't have Dell Display Manager. what can i do now? still green screen issue while playing videos

0 Likes
timc_fla
Journeyman III

I had this same issue. I went into Radeons adrenalin software v20.2.2 and in the settings adrenalin made a suggestion about using virtual super resolution.  I found that one monitor had VSR enabled and the other didn't, I turned this on for both monitors and now I don't see green screens anymore. 

Perhaps review your display settings and sync them, where possible, maybe this will help.

Good luck.

0 Likes