cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

leeloper
Adept I

Raise the Game bundle did not come with my RX 580

I ordered the RX 580 8gb from Walmart (online) and it advertised the Raise the Game bundle comes with it, but it did not and they are telling me the either AMD or XFX has to send the game bundel. Has anyone else had this problem? Been on the phone for a couple of hours, she is trying to send me back to XFX or AMD!!

0 Likes
17 Replies
ferox
Adept I

I am having the same problem. I ordered a Asus Strix Vega 64 from Amazon and never received the code from them. Their customer service has no clue about the promotion and keeps trying to get me to call ASUS or AMD.

jallath
Journeyman III

I'm having this exact same issue with a card purchased through Amazon now. Amazon is swearing up and down this has to be provided by AMD directly even after providing them a link to the promotional information on their own site! Which lists all qualifying cards including the one i purchased. And states quite clearly that the redemption code will be provided by Amazon.

They have sworn they don't provide it and speaking directly to a supervisor in their promotions department I have been told I should take advantage of Amazon's great return policy and purchase it directly from AMD.

So what are we to do as consumers when the participating retailers show no desire to hold up their end of the agreement.

This is exactly what my experience was with Amazon. They kept trying to pass the blame onto someone else even though I provided them with links to the promotion and screen shots from the product page showing it was eligible for this promo.  

AMD, what are you going to do to rectify this situation?  Clearly your retailers dont give a crap. My Vega 64 seems to have been a bad deal the longer this goes on. For 579.99 I could've gotten a 1080 or possibly a 1080ti but ive always supported team red and was counting on this promo to make it worth the price. 

0 Likes

I have lost faith in AMD now as well. I submitted an amdrewards.com support ticket for this issue and they are asking for my purchase invoice that shows data Amazon simply does not put on an invoice. I gave them a screen shot of the invoice I do have and they only responded asking for the invoice again.. It just feels like i'm getting the run around from both sides.

0 Likes

So have you received a code from Amazon that you can provide on the AMDRewards web site ?

What information is missing from the invoice that AMDRewards requires ?

What is the link to the product you purchased on Amazon.com which speaks of it being eligible for this promo?

For the record,  game codes are provided directly from manufacturers & specified web site, these codes are then redeemed at the AMDRewards site,

found ferox​ Asus Strix Vega 64 at Amazon.com. Not sure if this is the same one he bought but it does mention the Promo for the games: Amazon.com: ASUS Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB Overclocked 2048-Bit HBM2 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Ca...

Copied from above Amazon link:

Special offers and product promotions

Size: RX Vega64 | Style: ROG STRIX RX Vega64 8GB OC

• Get a free download code for Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey, Strange Brigade®, and Star Control®: Origins when you purchase an eligible system with an AMD graphics card or system. Here's how (restrictions apply)

• Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "ASUS Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB Overclocked 2048-Bit HB..." and save 34% off the $749.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
0 Likes

From OP purchase of XFX RX 580 from Walmart also shows the Promo: XFX GTS XXX Edition RX 580 8GB OC+ 1386Mhz DDR5 3xDP HDMI DVI Graphic Cards RX-580P8DFD6 - Gaming Bu...

Copied from above Walmart website:

About This Item

We aim to show you accurate product information. Manufacturers, suppliers and others provide what you see here, and we have not verified it.

Gaming Bundle: Get Assassins Creed Odyssey, Strange Brigade, and Star Control: Origins FREE!* with purchase within 30 days Demand more, demand Radeon. The XFX Radeon RX 580 Series graphics card coupled with AMD LiquidVR technology delivers a virtually stutter-free, low latency experience, essential for remarkable virtual reality environments. Industry-leading innovation and powerful performance enables the Radeon RX 580 to deliver premium experiences on high-end VR games, entertainment, and applications. XFX GTS XXX Edition RX 580 8GB OC+ 1386Mhz DDR5 3xDP HDMI DVI Graphic Cards RX-580P8DFD6

0 Likes
lesliesantos
Adept I

Why don't you contact them?

0 Likes

I have, multiple times. Still no solution or even an acknowledgment of anything. Getting sick of companies like Intel, AMD, Walmart, Newegg, and Amazon advertising these bundles come free, then never give them to you! It's false advertisement and a scam and they should be held accountable for it. For all they do, is refer you to the other and never does anything ever get done.

Yesterday I finally got someone that knew something about the codes, she contacted the company that sends them out for Walmart and said they should have it resolved by Friday. We will see, we sill see..........

0 Likes
gloriouspancake
Journeyman III

edit: follow up below with another reply, AMD did fix me up after i supplied them a receipt!

Having the same problem. Purchased a CyberPowerPC from WalMart with an RX 580 about a month ago and have been given the run around ever since.

It lists that it should include a gaming bundle, but nothing was included about how to redeem said gaming bundle. After weeks of emailing back and forth with WalMart, including being sent to a manager (supposedly) who didn't even read the email and just replied "contact CyberPowerPC" (which, btw, i contacted them twice and they said they don't include gaming bundles with their PCs and to contact WalMart) and then being told repeatedly that my ticket would be "escalated" and guaranteeing I would receive a reply within 72 hours, I got no response. This happened 3 times. Finally I agreed to just do an exchange for a new PC. The new PC still doesn't include anything about redeeming a gaming bundle.

I found this thread last night and then also contacted AMD support. Their reply:

If you did not receive a UID or coupon code, please contact your retailer to receive one.

Unfortunately, we do not distribute UID codes on our end as participating retailers are responsible for giving them out when an eligible product is purchased for the promotion. We advise customers to check with their retailers before the purchase to ensure that they are participating in our promo.

GREAT customer service all around....

I am now also running into this issue with AMD Rewards. Bought a Radeon RX 580 8G (MSI) from Newegg.

Newegg DID give me a code. The log in to claim the games has been nothing but a run around (cyclic).

At 58 years old I can tell you I have run AMD since the  AMD-K5, PR166 1995, still have the chip even.

But this has rubbed me wrong. Yesterday (before attempting to collect my "Reward") I ordered all the pieces for a new build with a Ryzen 7, 1700 including the Wraith Max Cooler. Had I been through this frustration first, it would have been an Intel build.

Frankly, I doubt anyone at AMD cares 23 years on, AMD is now making promises it can't keep !

0 Likes
gil
Journeyman III

I am updating this post in response to AMD resolving my issue in short order (within hours).

Thank you AMD !

Yesterday I finally got someone that knew something about the codes, she contacted the company that sends them out for Walmart and said they should have it resolved by Friday. We will see, we sill see..........

0 Likes

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but AMD did come through for me. After my initial ticket to support, i followed up with a link to this thread stating that someone mentioned that AMD asked them for a copy of the receipt and they would supply the code. I asked if they would make the same offer to me, they replied to send the receipt. I did, and within a few hours they replied stating that they don't normally do this, but due to my horrible experience with the retailer (WalMart... seriously... ugh... to say I will never buy anything there again may sound like angry ranting, but seriously, I will never buy anything there again) they sent me a code. I was just able to get back to my pc and check it out, and it works!

Thank you for resolving my issue, AMD.

jeffcal
Journeyman III

Yes I'm having problems with AMD rewards I've submitted a support ticket as when I tried to redeem my code I get a error message saying it's already been redeemed.

How long do AMD support take to reply?

0 Likes

No luck here

"If you did not receive a coupon code, please contact your retailer to receive one.

Unfortunately, we do not distribute codes on our end as participating retailers are responsible for giving them out when an eligible product is purchased for the promotion. We advise customers to check with their retailers before the purchase to ensure that they are participating in our promo.

Codes are valid while supplies last. If you do not see the promotion on your retailer's website, the promotion may either have been exhausted or the retailer may not be participating. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."

never buying from amazon again

0 Likes