Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

affansazeli
Journeyman III

RX580 CS:GO FreeSync - Stopped working on 18.9.1 - 18.9.2

csgo freesync is broken on current amd driver 18.9.1 and 18.9.2

18.9.1 is a fornite fix for my card but i cant update due to my daily game is csgo.

rx 580

Message was edited by: Matt B
Edit title

0 Likes
5 Replies

FreeSync can be finicky about left overs from prior driver install. I am having nothing but good results with FreeSync with this latest driver. I also have a an RX 580. I suggest running DDU from Wagnardsoft_com from safe mode. Have the driver already downloaded before you do that. Then once you run DDU disconnect from the internet and run the driver install and choose the clean install method from custom in the installer. See if this doesn't help things. Unfortunately when it comes to FreeSync your mileage will vary from monitor to monitor. Make sure you also have the driver for your monitor loaded if one exists from your monitors manufacturer.

i tested before post here.(also update from from amd menu and ddu method both same result csgo laggy with freesync)

all my game except csgo freesync is laggy.

i stay on 18.5.1 for now.

go try ur self csgo off freesync and on freesync see diffrent.

tq for reply

0 Likes

So I gave CSGO a go, pardon the pun. It is laggy, something defininitely going on. For me it did not matter if FreeSync was on or off or if vsyn was on or off. It was very laggy, even offline in a botmatch. I know it is normally smooth as I play this game a lot but has not been regular for a couple months now so I don't know if this started with this driver or in the last couple. I will submit an issue report for this and think you should do the same.

0 Likes
affansazeli
Journeyman III

affansazeli wrote:

csgo freesync is broken on current amd driver 18.9.1 and 18.9.2

18.9.1 is a fornite fix for my card but i cant update due to my daily game is csgo.

rx 580

some of my friend say they not even use freesync on csgo,idk mybe it just me i play csgo with freesync.

AMD driver 18.9.3 fix it thank you amd

(but havent try other game yet)

0 Likes
affansazeli
Journeyman III

now freesync stutter on windows but not in game. 18.9.3

omg i better stay on 18.5.1

0 Likes