Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

progfreak
Journeyman III

My Vega 64 Died After Moving Components Into A New PC Case

Hello

I bought before a week a gigabyte vega 64  and it was running super with no issues. I have a ryzen r5 1600 cpu and motherboard am350m -gaming 3 also from gigabyte.

All was ok until yesterday where i decided to change my pc case .. So i remove all from previous one and put them on the new one but now the gpu is not doing anything.. It is like dead not working no fans moving and it happened just like that..

I checked with second power supply but nothing ..

Anyone any idea what could happen  as it is not good for a gpu to die just like that for no reason ...Or is there any way to recover it ?

Message was edited by: Matt B

Edit Title

0 Likes
4 Replies
dstmnd89x
Challenger

Were you using two separate cables from your power supply or just one with two connectors at the end?

It is recommended that you use two separate runs for the card, especially if you have a PSU with multiple +12V rails. I ended up frying one of the connectors on my PSU because the card drew too much power and over time it failed. I got lucky and was able to save the card from further failure or damage but I would be curious to see if the card powered back up with a different power supply and two cables to connect it.

0 Likes

i got a question since you mentioned that: i got a psu evga 500 watts 80plus and it comes with 6pin+2 connectors for the pciExpress , so that makes it 8pin, is it safe to use ? reference card rx 570.

0 Likes

Yes, the 6+2 pin is equivalent to an 8-pin PCIe connector. They are separated for flexibility to use on both 6 and 8 pin sockets.

In OP's situation, he would want to use two of those cables if available for the Vega 64.

progfreak
Journeyman III

Hello

For some reason it was the mobo..

I check in another motherboard and was working fine

0 Likes