Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mech77
Journeyman III

Lousy performance in Forza Motorsport 7 since 18.9.2

Hello,

since I've installed the Adrenalin Edition 18.9.2 for my ASUS ROG Strix RX 480 8 GB OC I can't play Forza Motorsport 7 anymore because it has massive stuttering and lags and often it stopf for 3-5 seconds... Before it mostly ran fine (60fps on a 60hz Panasonic LCD-TV @ 1080p). There were sometimes some problems before with older drivers (the Forza developers are already aware of this and recommending an older version of the ADM Adrenalin-drivers). But I thought I would give newer drivers a change.

With older drivers (Januaray/February 2017) FM 7 ran perfectly for me. But in the meantime my game rig had a hardware crash due to a power supply failure. But also my 2nd rig is capable of running FM 7 perfectly @ 1080p60 as it did already. So it depends on AMD to fix the drivers to run FM 7 correctly. Game details are all set to Ultra, except Anti Aliasing and Motion Blur are set to off. My hardware specs ATM are:

Win 10 x64 Home OS

AMD Phenom II 1075T CPU

ASUS M4A87TD EVO Mainboard

8 GB DDR 3 RAM

GPU as named above

Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer PCI set to dts 5.1 and plugged with an optical cable to a Denon amplifier

Regular SATA 3.0 HDD's

Maybe anyone got an idea to run the game better? Thanks in advance and greetings.

0 Likes
7 Replies

No need to update your previous AMD GPU Driver that was working with the game if everything was working correctly.

I would install the previous AMD Driver that you said worked fine and leave it.

The only time you should update drivers is if a software (game or program) says it needs a new driver to be updated to work correctly or you are having a specific problem that the new updated driver mentions it will fix.

Otherwise you are just updating unnecessarily and possibly introducing new problems with the new driver that you didn't have before.

Thanks.

The reason I've updated is the support and better performance for newer games. So there was a reason for updating. And this is working for me. But it can't be that I have massive stuttering in FM 7 now...

My wish for AMD is to fix the performance issues with Forza 7 - no more and no less.

0 Likes

Did you report this issue to AMD? These forums are USER TO USER not AMD employees. Nobody from driver development answers in these forums. You can open a support ticket for 2 way help or file an issue report for 1 way notification of the bug. The links are on the Contact Page, Driver Download Page, and in Radeon Settings.

Does Forza Motorsport 7 automatically install patches or updates or do you have to do it manually?

At Forza Forum it shows there were two updates to the game. One in August and another in September, both in this year: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm958434_FM7-Release-Notes--UPDATED-September-11--2018...

Hey guys,

thanks for answering. I will contact AMD via the drivers.

FM7 updates automatically in the background via the Windows 10 Store, even when it's not running. I always have the newest version of FM7 (Ultimate Edition with all DLC's) running.

0 Likes
mech77
Journeyman III

Ok, I've updated my system last year (March 2019) and Forza was running smooth. But now it has stuttering again. My rig has the following hardware updated:

AMD Ryzen 2700X CPU

ASUS Prime X470-Pro motherboard (with UEFI/AGESA-version from November 2019) 

16 GB G.Skill Flare X RAM for AMD @ 3.200 MHz CL 16

SAMSUNG Evo 970 Plus NVME M.2 SSD 256 GB as system drive where Forza 7 is installed

I'm still using my ASUS Strix RX480 OC 8GB GPU and my Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer for sound output.

All other games running absolutely smooth @ 1080p.

0 Likes