cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sumeetgk943
Adept II

Game crashes at 18.9.2 everytime (video included)

Fortnite AMD crash proof - YouTube

Fortnite was working properly without lag 60 fps..

But now after ati reason and 5.4 update of fortnite my screen freezes everytime...!!

Ctrl +alt + del doesn't work Alt f4 doesn't work

The only thing that is working is the hard shutdown button

Things that I tried to fix (but doesn't worked)

1) reinstall

2) roll back to the previous driver like 18.3.3 works for 5 min then freezes again

3) tested a stress test on GPU to check whether it's a GPU fault.. The test ended successfully without screen freeze (means GPU working properly)

4) reinstalled windows!!!! I used to play on fullscreen 60 fps but bcos of this I have used windowed mode for better optimization.

Specs:-

Hp laptop

Intel core i7 4702 mq (3.2 ghz)

Ati readon 8670m 2gb (driver 18.9.2 ....tested 18.3.3 and all version above )

12 gb ram

1tb hdd and win 10 64bit Plz fix this

Dxdiag attached

0 Likes
12 Replies

Running insider preview ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Yup I have tried 3 version of windows

Windows 7 stable (works great but still freezes )

Windows 10 stable ( always freezes)

Windows 10 insider (downloaded bcos someone recommended in epic forums . But that also doesn't work)

0 Likes

Last I heard was, drivers are not tested/qualified on insider previews. So no help with that.

I have no experience with dual boot(can't help further), but assume you would have one set of drivers installed on the 7 partition, another set on the 10 part. ?

If you scroll down to the W.E.R section of dxdiag it will show a list of errors. You can web search them for possible solutions.

You could also look in windows reliability history monitor for any errors/warnings.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Ok I'll revert to windows 10 stable..

But can I know that.. Is there is any log file.. Which logs what is the root cause of this problem..? So that I can upload the file.. And u can check what is causing this

0 Likes

Did you update and install the Intel graphics from Intel first?

Laptop graphics update...How to

0 Likes

Yea I have downloaded intel driver updater from intel and.. The assistant installed the latest driver I guess it's 15.x. x

0 Likes

Turn off fast startup

Windows 10 Fast Startup could be detrimental to your computer

power options

If this is the first time you’ve messed with these settings, you’ll need click “Change settings that are currently unavailable” to make the Fast Startup option available for configuration.

available options

Scroll to the bottom of the window and you should see “Turn on fast startup (recommended),” along with other shutdown settings. Just use the check box to enable or disable Fast Startup. Save your changes and shut down your system to test it out.

fast startup

hiberfile size

0 Likes

Ok I'll check by turning of that option

But why fortnite is interfering with fast start-up..

My pc works properly.. But when I turn on the game.. It freezes

But I'll try your solution

0 Likes

But can I know that.. Is there is any log file.. Which logs what is the root cause of this problem..? So that I can upload the file.. And u can check what is causing this

0 Likes

"There is also the potential for Fast Startup to get in the way of Windows Updates. While updates will be downloaded for you if you have Automatic Updates enabled, not all of them can be installed without a restart. If you shutdown your computer with Fast Startup enabled, your machine will not perform a complete shutdown, so the installation of updates may not complete. Opt to perform a restart, and this will incorporate a proper shutown and allow updates to be installed -- something to keep in mind if you want to ensure that you keep your copy of Windows 10 fully up to date.

If you're thinking about dual-booting Windows 10 with an older version of Windows or another operating system, you might want to heed How-To Geek's advice:"

"When you shut down a computer with Fast Startup enabled, Windows locks down the Windows hard disk. You won’t be able to access it from other operating systems if you have your computer configured to dual-boot. Even worse, if you boot into another OS and then access or change anything on the hard disk (or partition) that the hibernating Windows installation uses, it can cause corruption. If you're dual booting, it’s best not to use Fast Startup or Hibernation at all."

0 Likes

Doesn't work brother.. Just froze when I jumped from the bus   

0 Likes
sumeetgk943
Adept II

1. Screenshot (6).png

when im trying to take a stress test it shows D3d Device failed ? why so ?

0 Likes