cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tspar
Journeyman III

Sky Go Player and associated Cisco Video Guard issues

Hello everyone. I have a very decent PC spec and have only one issue. This is an issue that has plagued the Sky Go Player since its introduction a few years ago. Having researched this issue to death I can only assume that it is graphics card related as the PC spec is pretty high end and my internet connection is a rock solid fibre connection. Sky Go Player uses something called ciscovideoguard which I think has an issue with my Radeon card. The picture fluctuates from perfect to unwatchable every 5 mins or so. Has anyone come across this and if so how did you fix it ?. My system has all the very latest drivers installed. With my speed of connection and up to date system there should be no issue what so ever with streaming video via the Sky Go Player?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Speedtest.JPG

PCbenchmark.JPG

0 Likes
1 Reply
fxv300
Challenger

I think this is also stopping NETFLIX working in 4K for me.

I have managed to get NETFLIX to work in 4K in EDGE and Windows App but it had stopped working in 4K.

I did a system restore which was dated 2nd Sep 2018 and it all burst into life. I was suspecting a windows update but I am thinking it is something else.

It is now broken once again. The only apps that changed since the system restore is AVAST updated itself and I reinstalled Chrome.

Also I launched SKY Sports Player which has CISCO VideoGuard protecting the video.... VIDEO GUARD stops working as soon as it detects apps that can take pictures (Paint, Snippet etc). I am about to watch SPAIN v ENGLAND using SKY Sports Player so maybe I will uninstall Cisco VideoGuard later. I will post updates.

I was wondering if anyone else reported issues with  Cisco VideoGuard (version 9.0.1.4396)

0 Likes