cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zodiachide
Journeyman III

4:3 stretched centered with low resolution when Alt+Tabbing in CS:GO

I've decided to play csgo at 4:3 stretched, I've been able to do this for as long as I can remember without any issues.

Recently though, when I was playing csgo, I had to alt+tab out of the game (game at this point is fine. 4:3 Stretched at 1000x700), do something, and then click back into the game. When I clicked back into the game, it was as if the game kept its 4:3 aspect ratio at a resolution of around 1000x700, but it was a box in the middle of my screen with big black bars. The monitor also scaled itself to the same look. I don't have this issue on any other computer.

I'm on an AMD r9 200 series card. An i5 4670k not OC. 32GB of RAM.

I've tried to enable GPU scaling using AMD's Radeon settings and I've not found anything to work. Enabling GPU scaling (Full panel and also preserve aspect ratio) actually worsened the situation. And instead of me having to alt+tab to make the "box style" appear. The game was in the "box style" since launch (when GPU scaling is enabled).

I've asked the CS:GO subreddit and received no answers that helped. I've never had this issue before.

I hope anyone here can help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

0 Likes
0 Replies