Journeyman III

Timers problem

Overclocked and default bios setting give same results

amdTimerBug.png

0 Likes
8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

plasmicsnake, sorry I do not have a clue what you are telling us or asking.  Please be more specific.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

RTC lags behind APIC and QPC

0 Likes

plasmicsnake, I suggest you open an Online Support Ticket with AMD.  I also suggest you be specific about your problem and describe your HW and SW explicitly.  This is a user forum and few AMD employees post here.  Good luck, John.

EDIT:  There are lots of hits on "w10 rtc slow".  You should also check with MS.  Do you dual boot?  Do you Sleep you system?

0 Likes

Im not sleep my system, I haven't a dual boot. During the test RTC is freezing. On other PC with Win 10 too, but AMD Athlon II x4 650 RTC isn't freezing and all three timers show the same value.

0 Likes

Is your RAM Memory listed in MSI Support QVL List for your Motherboard? Support For B350 PC MATE | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

If your RAM is not listed, it may not be completely compatible with the Ryzen CPU or Motherboard.  Ryzen seems to be sensitive to the type of RAM installed.

I imagine you used BIOS OC Menu to Overclock your RAM. This from your Manual:

The DRAM FREQUENCY (AUTO) mentions that overclocking is not guaranteed. Don't know if it means if the setting is set at AUTO or in general.

0 Likes

My memory is HX432C18FB2/8 that is not listed in the support list, but there is HX432C18FB2K2/16 that is a bundle of two HX432C18FB2/8.
I'm using "Try It" overclock option and DRAM frequency set to 3200

0 Likes
plasmicsnake
Journeyman III

I fixed my problem by setting VCore and CPU/NB voltages to "auto"

0 Likes

RTC is lagging again

0 Likes