cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

kuzkotopia
Journeyman III

Where have gone the amd raid linux drivers?

Hello !

Just got my 2700X, it's cool and all but...

I've been trying for the past week or so to allow for my raid that is properly configured in Windows to show in Linux as well.

But it seems that the latest fedora (28) doesn't have this support built in, so after my research I stumbled upon this post :

RAID drivers fail to compile for Ubuntu 18.04 (kernel 4.15)

Which references this github

The Official AMD RAID Driver Page no longer has a linux driver available · Issue #5 · martinkarlwebe...

So, after confirming that Linux drivers are not displayed on the drivers page of the AMD official website, where has gone the driver?

BTW if I'm on the wrong section, please move me at will

Cheers

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It seems you are right, i couldn't find the Linux drivers for the RAID support on AM4 on linux.
I could find tho the gpu drivers for linux, dunno why it the RAID drivers get removed from the site.
Maybe the AMD site is being updated or the drivers get removed waiting a new version, even if it make no sense.

You can still get the driver using the Wayback Machine checking the AMD site a couple of months ago, it seems the driver didn't get updated.
Here the link: Wayback Machine

Hey, first of all, thanks for the wayback machine link, I didn't thought it could be possible but yes it seems to be the right one.

Wow, it's SO much harder than I anticipated. This driver REQUIRES the unloading of AHCI... and of course it's built-in in the kernel so I have to recompile the entire kernel to just add this functionality?

Is there a way some AMD official can help me out on this one ? because as of right now it's unusable in this state.

It's way too complicated...

0 Likes