cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lucioargentina
Journeyman III

Hi, i have an rx vega 64 asus strix and i dont know if i have to download drivers from asus or amd or boths? Thanks

Hi, i have an rx vega 64 asus strix and i dont know if i have to download drivers from asus or amd or boths? Thanks Someone can help me. Im new in AMD

0 Likes
3 Replies

It is always best to get a driver from your card or laptops maker if available. The problem is that many makers don't offer their drivers for long. The short of it is that the drivers directly from AMD are "VANILLA" meaning they don't have an changes that your hardware maker might have implemented in the card or laptop such as voltage, speed or various other changes that are not from a reference design. Those changes often then have changed drivers that compensate for them altered by the hardware maker, AMD's driver don't and can't, they don't control what their customers do with the product once they sell it to them. So use driver like this: 1. If you are not having an issue don't update it. Don't fix what isn't broken 2. Use a driver from the maker, such as HP, MSI, Dell, Gigayte etc. 3. Use the AMD "VANILLA" Driver only if specific driver to your model from it's maker is not available, and only if it says it fixes something you need fixed.

First, thanks for your long aswer, thanks so much. I have to install this new Asus strix RX Vega, but my PC dont have DVD o CD so i have to download from website...that s because my question, so if i understand you , you recomend me to download it from Asus website ? That Ok ? . ITS a New installation. Sorry my english im spanis , thanks again bro

I would in your case use the most current driver available from the Asus website. In general don't use drivers off of DVD'S when a newer driver is available on the web. Typically it is best on the initial install to go ahead and load the current driver from the cards manufacturer.

Good Luck & Happy Gaming!