cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ph4ntom92
Journeyman III

RX480 system lag

My system build is a MSI RX480 8G B350M & Ryzen 5 1400 basically any update after 18.5.1 results in massive system lag across the board after installation.

I'm desperate for the new drivers as Forza Horizon 4 requires them to actually play the game.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hardwood
Paragon

Does this thread sound like your problem? https://community.amd.com/message/2878505#comment-2878505

If it does, go back to your old version and wait for a fix.

p.s. current release notes state it's fixed (system mouse lag) but most of us have discovered that's not true and AMD is aware.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

View solution in original post

4 Replies
akirareturns
Adept I

Have you tried a clean install? Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) after booting in safe mode to remove all AMD software, then install away.

How much RAM do you have installed? When system RAM is filled, Windows will fetch the requested data from the page file on your SSD/HDD (if enabled). This almost always causes stutters/lag/audio dropouts/low framerates.

You can try LatencyMon to check latency of DPCs (Deferred Procedure Calls) and ISRs (Interrupt Service Routines). If there is an execution delay over 100µs, the indicated driver may need troubleshooting.

Hardwood
Paragon

Does this thread sound like your problem? https://community.amd.com/message/2878505#comment-2878505

If it does, go back to your old version and wait for a fix.

p.s. current release notes state it's fixed (system mouse lag) but most of us have discovered that's not true and AMD is aware.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

It appears to be fixed. I disabled HDCP on my secondary display and no problems since. Thanks for the assistance.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This issue is known and under investigation, please use the thread linked above to provide your feedback.

0 Likes