cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

djbuck11
Journeyman III

Forza 4 Game asking for Graphics Driver Update when Up to Date A10-7860k

Hi, before I get started, apologies for any naivety, I'm not well versed in this area!

I am trying to run the demo of Forza Horizon 4, however on start up I'm faced with the following screen:

Capture.JPG

I have checked that I am running the most current drivers, I am running a Radeon R7 but I'm not sure which series. This is the Radeon Settings dialogue window.

Capture 2.JPG

I've asked on the game forum but with no solution.

Is this graphics card not suitable to run such a game?

Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you

Message was edited by: Matt B

Edit Title

0 Likes
1 Solution

This is Gigabytes Support for your Motherboard installed on your computer. It is a small Motherboard with only one PCIe x16 slot. The other two are PCIe x1 and regular PCI slots. This is for version 3.1 according to your BIOS version of FC: GA-F2A78M-HD2 (rev. 3.1) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

According to SPECCY, both PCIe x 16  and x1 seems to have a card installed or are being used. You going to need to open to verify if PCIe x16 is indeed occupied.

Note: see what card is being used in the PCIe x16 slot since this is the slot you will need to install a new AMD GPU Card.

At the same time you open the Computer case, take a look at the PSU label or Model number to determine what Wattage it is.

Here is the Motherboard layout to let you know which is the PCIe x16 slot: ( I have attached the Gigabyte Motherboard Manual to this post. Just click on it to view or download):

Restart your Computer and go into BIOS. There is a setting to allow the APU integrated Graphics to use 2 gigabytes of System Memory. Don't change anything else. Leave everything else the way it is.

Change the "Integrated Graphics" to "FORCE" . With this setting, your Integrated Graphics will ALWAYS be primary whether you installed a separate GPU card or not. This is just temporarily to see if the game will play with your APU.

Then Change "UMA FRAME BUFFER SIZE" from "Auto' to "2G". This will allow the Integrated Graphics R7 to have 2 gigabytes of Video Memory. (You will have 2 gigabytes less of Memory that you will be able to use on your computer for other uses).

Copied from your Motherboard Manual concerning configuring BIOS:

Save the BIOS setting and reboot. Now see if you can install or run Forza Horizon 4 game.

If the game still says your APU is not compatible then change everything back to "default" which is

"Integrated Graphics" - "AUTO"

"UMA FRAME BUFFER SIZE" - "AUTO"

This way when you install a new separate GPU card it will automatically pick the GPU Card as your Primary Graphics.

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Are you using your AMD APU Integrated Graphics or do you have a separate GPU card installed?

This is the latest AMD Driver for your APU A10-7860K : A10-7860K with Radeon™ R7 Series Drivers & Support | AMD .

Here is the Release Notes for that APU Driver: Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 Release Notes | AMD

Driver version:

Package Contents

The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 Driver Version 18.30.17.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 24.20.13017.1009)

The Driver version stated in the Forza Horizon 4 Error message is slightly different than the one shown from AMD: ( Version 24.20.13011.1009)

Thank you, I installed this and tried to run the game again.

I am no longer getting the FH301 error, however the FH202 error persists.

My understanding is that I am using my AMD APU Integrated Graphics, but I'm not 100% sure as I'm not terribly clued up on this sort of thing.

0 Likes

Here are the Official Forza Horizon 4 PC Requirements to run the game: Forza Horizon 4 Gets Official PC System Requirements

THEWindows 10 version 15063.0 or higher
Architecturex64
KeyboardIntegrated Keyboard
MouseIntegrated Mouse
DirectXDirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
Memory8 GB
Video Memory2 GB
ProcessorIntel i3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz OR Intel i5 750 @ 2.67Ghz
GraphicsNVidia 650TI OR NVidia GT 740 OR AMD R7 250x

THEWindows 10 version 15063.0 or higher
Architecturex64
KeyboardIntegrated Keyboard
MouseIntegrated Mouse
DirectXDirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
Memory12 GB
Video Memory4 GB
ProcessorIntel i7-3820 @ 3.6Ghz
GraphicsNVidia GTX 970 OR NVidia GTX 1060 3GB OR AMD R9 290x OR AMD RX 470

The only thing that comes to my mind is that your AMD A10-7860K APU doesn't meet the requirements to run the game.

I believe the Maximum amount of Video Memory allocated for your APU is 1 gigabyte via BIOS on your motherboard. This is not enough Video Memory to run the game which needs a Minimum of 2 gigabytes of Video Memory.

You would probably need to install a separate GPU card in Laptop/Desktop that has the proper requirements to run the game.

EDIT: (09/19/2018) After learning the Make & Model of the Motherboard, it does support 2 gigabytes for System Memory for Integrated Graphics use.

0 Likes

Thank you for the information, I agree that this is likely the case.

With regards to the other requirements, I'm running Windows 10, 64 bit Architecture, with DirectX 12 and 16GB RAM.

As the Radeon appears to be integrated, I believe there may be the possibility to install a dedicated GPU, but this is again something I've not had experience in.

0 Likes

Then you need to post your Computer Setup as per AMD Forum: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .

Once I know if you have a Desktop or Laptop and if Desktop what Make & Model of Motherboard and PSU you have installed. Then other may be able to suggest what AMD GPU card you can install on your computer.

If Desktop, You will need to have a PCIe x16 slot available on your motherboard to install your GPU card.

If you don't know your Computer specs, then download a small free program called SPECCY which will indicate everything you have installed on your computer including most of the time Make & Model of some of your hardware.

Then post an image of your General,  Motherboard, and GPU if possible.

Note: It is important to know the MAKE & MODEL of your Motherboard and especially the PSU. The PSU will determine the Minimum AMD GPU card you can install on your computer system.

0 Likes

I have a desktop made by Fierce PC, but as it was bought for me as a gift I don't know about models etc.

I downloaded Speccy, below are the screen captures:

CPU.JPG

RAM.JPG

Motherboard.JPG

Graphics.JPG

Display Device: Single AOC E2210Sw (a budget 21.5" monitor, I do intend on upgrading to dual screens soon) The worldwide leader in displays | AOC Europe

Any other information you could do with?

0 Likes

This is Gigabytes Support for your Motherboard installed on your computer. It is a small Motherboard with only one PCIe x16 slot. The other two are PCIe x1 and regular PCI slots. This is for version 3.1 according to your BIOS version of FC: GA-F2A78M-HD2 (rev. 3.1) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

According to SPECCY, both PCIe x 16  and x1 seems to have a card installed or are being used. You going to need to open to verify if PCIe x16 is indeed occupied.

Note: see what card is being used in the PCIe x16 slot since this is the slot you will need to install a new AMD GPU Card.

At the same time you open the Computer case, take a look at the PSU label or Model number to determine what Wattage it is.

Here is the Motherboard layout to let you know which is the PCIe x16 slot: ( I have attached the Gigabyte Motherboard Manual to this post. Just click on it to view or download):

Restart your Computer and go into BIOS. There is a setting to allow the APU integrated Graphics to use 2 gigabytes of System Memory. Don't change anything else. Leave everything else the way it is.

Change the "Integrated Graphics" to "FORCE" . With this setting, your Integrated Graphics will ALWAYS be primary whether you installed a separate GPU card or not. This is just temporarily to see if the game will play with your APU.

Then Change "UMA FRAME BUFFER SIZE" from "Auto' to "2G". This will allow the Integrated Graphics R7 to have 2 gigabytes of Video Memory. (You will have 2 gigabytes less of Memory that you will be able to use on your computer for other uses).

Copied from your Motherboard Manual concerning configuring BIOS:

Save the BIOS setting and reboot. Now see if you can install or run Forza Horizon 4 game.

If the game still says your APU is not compatible then change everything back to "default" which is

"Integrated Graphics" - "AUTO"

"UMA FRAME BUFFER SIZE" - "AUTO"

This way when you install a new separate GPU card it will automatically pick the GPU Card as your Primary Graphics.

vanhouzer
Journeyman III

I am having the same issue... i am running on Macbook Pro 2018.I had 0 problems with Forza Horizon 3.

AMD Radeon Pro 560X

The laptop says it has the latest driver but the game is asking for new ones.

I am trying to installed the latest AMD 500 Series Drivers but the AMD Application says the system has the latest for my hardware.

0 Likes

You should open a separate Thread for your issue since it involves a Apple Product.

Are you running a Windows 10 Bootcamp or MAC OS?

Here is AMD Support with Windows 10 Apple Bootcamp and Mac series Driver download: AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/bootcamp

This Reddit mentions about bootcamp drivers that have been altered to work in Mac computers: https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/comments/92f0fo/apparently_if_you_use_bootcamp_apple_doesnt_allow...

Here is thread about your GPU card on a MAC OS: AMD Radeon Pro 560X Not showing anymore - Apple Community

This thread if you are running Windows 10 Bootcamp: 2018 Macbook Pro Bootcamp Q&A | MacRumors Forums

“The Reddit article about Bootcamp Drivers altered to work on MAC“

It manage to fix my problem, Thank You!

NOW, Forza Horizon 4 is running perfectly fine on Macbook pro 2018 running the latest drivers.

The Drivers that AMD provides within their webpage for Radeon Driver Suppor for Macbooks/MAC are OLD and they are not the latest versions (they are the 17.12 version)

The Reddit page gives the link to the 18.3.4 Versions altered to be recognize on Windows 10 Bootcamp or on macOS. I already had those without the alteration and they wouldn’t install cuz the AMD Application said the 17.12 version were the latest.

Here is the link for anyone who needs them:

http://bootcampdrivers.rf.gd/?i=1

WHY AMD does NOT provide updated drivers for Bootcamp within their own support page is beyond me.

0 Likes

Apple dictates the policy for driver updates for their products.

What type of policy are we talking about?

My laptop is brand NEW, not even two months out with a refreshed Radeon Pro 560X GPU and somehow the drivers are not the latest?

macOS Mojave was just release, when will AMD update the current Bootcamp Drivers that they are providing within their RADEON Driver support section?

When Apple Macbook Pro‘s were running with Nvidia cards, NVidia always provided the latest drivers for people to download directly on the Windows partition Without waiting for Bootcamp to release an update.... Why can’t AMD do this?

Why do we need some guy on the internet to *altered* the latest drivers just so your Macbook Pro/MAC can update to the latest versions?

0 Likes

As stated, you will need to contact Apple to get answers to all your questions.,

djbuck11
Journeyman III

Thank you for your input, I have been away from my PC for a while so havent been able to check within the case, however I should be able to have ac in the coming days.

0 Likes
djbuck11
Journeyman III

My computer manufacturer/assembler has confirmed there is not a dedicated GPU in the machine, and has recommended I purchase a Nvidia GTX 1050ti as this should suit my power unit.

Is this a sensible suggestion, or should I still try forcing the integrated graphics to run at 2GB?

0 Likes

Installing a Discrete GPU Card whether it be AMD or nVidia is always better than using the APU integrated Graphics.  A modern newer Discrete (Separate) GPU card is much more powerful and with more vRAM than an APU Integrated Graphics and is able to play most modern games that an APU wouldn't be able to, at least, with Non-Ryzen APUs.

It all depends on your budget, the PSU wattage Installed, and if you have a PCIe x 16 motherboard slot available to install the GPU card.

The decision is up to you.

According to this website on minimal PSU wattage for various GPU cards, the GTX 1050ti just requires a PSU of 320 Watts.: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX

If you know what wattage your PSU is, you could take a look and get an idea of which GPU cards will work in your computer from the above link based on the minimum PSU requirement for the computer.

By the way,

According to SPECCY that you uploaded, it is indicating the only PCIe x16 slot on your motherboard is "In Use" which may indicate there is a Pcie x16 card installed on that slot.

Need to open the computer case and see if there actually is a Card in the PCIe x16 slot and what type of Card it is and if you need it. If you need the card than you won't be able to install a separate GPU card in your computer unless you use a Riser or a separate GPU Dock that connects to the motheboard's PCIe x 1 slots.

0 Likes
djbuck11
Journeyman III

Had a chance to open up the case this afternoon, please forgive the dusty nature! I found that the PCIe x16 slot is indeed empty, see image below:

IMG_4336[1].JPG

The PSU is an ATX-500B.

IMG_4339[1].JPG

In terms of budget, this is being weighed up against the cost of buying a used XBOX One and a copy of the game, and then a subscription to XBOX Live...

I will attempt forcing the APU to 2GB just to see if it runs the Demo of the game for now.

0 Likes

With a 500 watt PSU you can install several newer AMD GPU Cards besides nVidia.  That only thing stopping you from installing a separate GPU card is your budget and the size of the GPU Card. You look like you have a very small computer case.

Good luck.

Note: I see a lot of dust inside your computer and around the case and CPU fans. you may want to use a Vacuum Cleaner if your have one to blow out the inside or better yet, a can of Compressed Air to clean out the Computer insides and around the CPU Heatsink. Make sure you have power off because if you use the can of Compressed air wrong, fluid while come out instead of air and short out your computer.

Thank you.

I think that may be down to how I've taken the photos, the case itself is actually a fair size (external dimensions of 400 x 400 x 180mm approx) and offers lots of room for the installation of a GPU.

I will give the case a good clean out with a vacuum cleaner now I have the chance to get inside.

Thank you for all your assistance.

0 Likes
cterry
Journeyman III

I have the same issue! I updated my graphics card to the latest drivers. WTF more can a person do? I'm so mad. What is the final solution on PC? I have Win 10, AMD graphic card with 8 gigs of memory. I work in IT so I know my PC is good to go. I play 12 other new games and ZERO have any issues. I'm really angry. I also get another error saying I have to log into my Xbox account but I am logged in. I have even reinstalled the entire game. I tried to run it as admin. Nothing works. I have not found any solutions to either problem. How can MS release a game that is so buggy? I really want to play this game but have already spent 4 hrs troubleshooting it. I need solutions please!  

0 Likes
cterry
Journeyman III

This answer is NOT correct and fixed NOTHING.

0 Likes

Hi, sorry to hear you are having issues, but it may well prove to be a different issue to what I had, as the answer was correct for me and fixed my problem. I forced the iGPU of my A10 to run dedicated at 2GB, which allowed the game to run, albeit at lower resolutions. But it was still playable. Since then, I have installed a GTX 1050ti as I found a good deal on a used one, which is running sweet as a nut now. I hope you find a solution to your issue. What CPU are you running?

0 Likes