cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

neneyy
Journeyman III

Screen Flickering after GPU Upgrade R9 270 to RX 570 - 18.9.1

Hey guys, computer novice here. I just upgraded my GPU from a Sapphire R9 270 to an MSI RX 570 a few days ago, and while it seemed like a perfect upgrade at first, I'm dealing with some really annoying issues. My screen tends to flicker moving singular pixels all across the monitor, and even seems to show black boxes in screens of some games when I alt tab or just randomly, making them unplayable. I'm thinking its a software issue as whenever I uninstall the graphics drivers to the windows basic ones, the screen flickering seems to cease. I've tried clean uninstalling to multiple recent drivers for it, but all of them seem to recreate the problem. Other things I've tried include:

-Clean reinstall of up-to-date graphics display drivers (Radeon 18.9.1), as well as a clean installing to older drivers

-Reseating the GPU in multiple PCI slots/checking it is firmly placed in

-Alternating monitors and chords

-Changing VGA chords from PSU

-Windows 10 restore (keeping files)

-PSU paperclip test

Its starting to drive me crazy! If you have any suggestions on how I can fix the issue, I'd be super grateful. Been troubleshooting all weekend and just want to get back to gaming.

Cheers!

Message was edited by: Matt B

Updated title

7 Replies

Please supply INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION​ for someone to offer suggestions.

Was card bought new/used ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Apologies, first time poster! The GPU was purchased new. I’ve included my specs in a reply below, but I’ll include them here just in case:

Specs:

Desktop

Windows 10 64-bit OS

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 (new)

Drivers: Radeon 18.9.1 (latest)

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six Core Processor

MOBO: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

BIOS: (Will post tomorrow, roughly ~2014 update)

8GB DD3 RAM

PSU: EVGA GQ 650w Gold, semi modular

Display: Acee 27” 1080p 75HZ 1ms GTG TN LED Gaming Monitor (GF276 Abmipx)

1920 x 1080, DP connection

0 Likes

Does "clean install" mean you used DDU?  If not then try that.

Plan B: Try it in another computer.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

After about my second/third attempt to reinstall drivers I was introduced to DDU and performed it. Unfortunately the issue still persists.

If the my only other computer available is currently using an NVIDIA card, I assume I will have to DDU and install AMD drivers to properly test it?

0 Likes

Yes, just to be safe, use DDU to completely remove the NVidia driver first.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes
neneyy
Journeyman III

Specs:

Desktop

Windows 10 64-bit OS

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 (new)

Drivers: Radeon 18.9.1 (latest)

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six Core Processor

MOBO: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

BIOS: (Will post tomorrow, roughly ~2014 update)

8GB DD3 RAM

PSU: EVGA GQ 650w Gold, Semi modular

Display: Acee 27” 1080p 75HZ 1ms GTG TN LED Gaming Monitor (GF276 Abmipx)

1920 x 1080, DP connection

0 Likes
icedk
Adept II

I suspect it is not the change, but the drivers adrenalin ...

https://community.amd.com/thread/231769

my problem too.

0 Likes