cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bgoodman
Journeyman III

Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming - Ryzen 7 2700x

The upgrade from version F2 to F3 killed the system performance. Anyone have any idea what changed? Did AMD's patch crater the CPU as Intel's did? The single core performance is about the same, but the mutlicore performance is down about 8%.

0 Likes
8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

bgoodman, I, for one, have no idea what your are talking about.  If this is a new UEFI, I suggest you complain to Gigabyte.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
akira84
Journeyman III

i return in f2,my mobo aorus x470 ultragaming Witn ryzen 2600x With bios f3 crash

0 Likes

You didn't mention the Gigabyte Motherboard you have.

So I went to Gigabyte Support for the two AMD models they sale under AORUS GAMING 7 , One is X399 and the other is X470. They both have very new BIOS updates:

The Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI x470 : X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global :

F4

8.28 MB

2018/08/08

1. Update AGESA 1.0.0.4

The Aorus Gaming 7 X399 : X399 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

F10

6.00 MB

2018/07/10

1. AGESA 1.1.0.0 for 2nd Gen. Ryzen™ Threadripper™ CPU support
0 Likes

I guess you didn't look hard enough. There is a link below. I am assuming no one else has experienced this issue as they don't own the board. We have 3 of them and they all are having the issue.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING-rev-10#kf

0 Likes

I did look at all AMD Aorus Motherboards and your motherboard was not listed and I also checked under CHIPSET X470 and you motherboard didn't pop up. Most likely is an older one than the ones shown in Gigabytes Products. Gigabytes tend to advertise the newer latest Motherboards first.

Thanks for putting a link to Gigabyte concerning your motherboard.

As misterj mentioned, you need to contact Gigabyte Support since they are the one the determines what goes in their BIOSes. Have you asked at Gigabyte Forum? If you had all ready what was their answer?

If F2 worked better, Are you able to downgrade the BIOS from F3 back to F2 or the last BIOS that you believe worked best?

0 Likes

i have gigabyte ultragaming 5 aorus x470 With f2 bios, f3 dont Work and crash, cpu ryzen 2600x gpu gigabyte gtx 1070ti Windforce ram gskill trident z rgb 16gb 3000 hz

0 Likes

What I noticed is all the newest BIOS updates on all your motherboards updated the AGESA coding from 1.0.0.2 to 1.0.0.4.

This previous post concerning AGESA may help some: AGESA 1.0.0.4 Patch Notes

Note: Has everyone updated their Ryzen Motherboard Chipsets?  That may help in some cases if you are not using the latest for your motherboard.

0 Likes

Honestly, how do you update the chipset drivers? And where do I find them? On AMD Ryzen site is not in the file doWnload. I upgraded Mobo 1.0.0.4. But only to move an app from one monitor to another makes me crash WIndoWs and I went back to F2, even f3g was giving me problems, not leaving the games, no one. and normal that in AMD Ryzen master the EDC value (CPU) is always around 90% of 125 to  "Limit 168to "? Even with BIOS F2, it marks in red as if it is at the limit, Defoult the CPU goes 4.1 mz but also setting the precision bost and by setting it to 3.6 does not change. In the various forums they say it's normal. I have a AIO if the temperature never rises above 50 degrees. Other I do not know how to help, installed I have Windows 10 Pro all updated. I also discovered on my own, that a program of RBG fusion that was installed under prevented the corrected operation of the video card and uninstalled it, did not make me go the games like Fortnite and others. RGB I use it from BIOS.

0 Likes